HT experience 01/29/2013 11:53 PM CST
Im not sure if the amount of experience being awarded for throwing a weapon with a 7-8 second RT is accurate. It takes me far less time to get 2HE up (Similar RT). I've only noticed the slow experience gain in the 33-45 skill range thus far. In 10 throws (to kill) I gained 3 learning rates. In another round I threw 7 times with a pulse only gaining 2 learning rates. If on average I gained 3 learning rates per 8 throws (Disregarding pulses) It would take roughly 12 minutes of back to back throwing to get to mind lock. If I were to compare it to the new experience of Crossbows (Using a light Xbow). An average 10 second load with a 6 second aim and 1 second shot - For rounding sake lets say 20 seconds - I gain anywhere from 6-9 learning ranks.

Im not sure in which window you want combat learning to be, but this is brutal for anyone trying to keep a larger quantity of weapons moving at once.

If all I had was a rock I would still learn a way to slay you - Zaka
Re: HT experience 01/29/2013 11:58 PM CST
Experience calculations are weighted heavily towards challenge of the critter and much less for damage now, and thrown weapons do not enjoy the same base experience bonus as crossbows, because their minimum roundtimes are much lower.

Try finding a light throwing weapon that you can get 2-3 RT on. You should have no issue locking HT.
Re: HT experience 01/29/2013 11:59 PM CST
Any recommendations on a HT throwing weapon that I could possibly get that kind of RT on?

Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:02 AM CST
>>Any recommendations on a HT throwing weapon that I could possibly get that kind of RT on?

What's your budget? You can get a forged spear at around 25 stones, or forage up a log. Those are about as light as HT weapons come. If you're still having issues with roundtime, try boosting your strength several points. Getting the RT down to 4 doesn't demand too much strength.
Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:05 AM CST
A few hundred plat.

Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:07 AM CST
Oh, forgot to mention they sell short hunting spears in Arthe Dale at 20 stones a piece. They lodge, so buy a few.
Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:07 AM CST
Are you able to retrieve the spear from the critter when stuck?

Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:12 AM CST
>>Are you able to retrieve the spear from the critter when stuck?

get spear from <#> <critter>, as I recall, if you are engaged at melee.
Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:14 AM CST
Thanks, Ill try it tomorrow since the shop is closed up.

Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:15 AM CST
Caraamon made me an amazing steel light spear that is 44 stones with a 5 second RT for 15 plat. It's his heaviest light spear so I'm sure if you go down a few weight classes you'll get an even lower RT, assuming that's not the minimum for spears(I honestly don't know what the minimum RTs are since 3.0). For bonus points it's the only spear I've found that can be thrown with a shield in your other hand, so you get the full protection from your shield instead of having to wear it on your arm.

And yes, you can remove lodged weapons from mobs, but it severely imbalances you(I've never not been knocked off balance by it).
Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 12:41 AM CST
Sorry for the double post, but I guess knowing that I have 30 strength and 33 stamina is important in figuring out if you'll get a similar RT or will have fatigue issues(I don't, even spamming throw with no breaks).
Re: HT experience 01/30/2013 01:04 AM CST
I was speaking of the same spear at 25 stones.