LT vs HT 07/22/2012 08:28 PM CDT
Say you could only use one, which would you choose and why? Been having a debate about this with some people and was interested in the input of the better-trained masses.
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 08:32 PM CDT
Would it involve a theoretical rank of 100, or 1000? Because post breakover, I think LT might edge out HT, just because you get 5 throws in one shot, but I suspect there's going to be a bell curve where LT/HT are even, LT breaks free when it starts multi-shotting, and eventually comes back to both being even or HT pulling ahead in the 'I'm throwing a wagon at you' ranges.
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 10:28 PM CDT
There is no reason to choose one... do both, but if I had too choose 1, Id go HT because its probably more useful in pvp on the high end. although LT can tank an opponents balance...
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 11:09 PM CDT
>> Because post breakover, I think LT might edge out HT, just because you get 5 throws in one shot, but I suspect there's going to be a bell curve where LT/HT are even, LT breaks free when it starts multi-shotting, and eventually comes back to both being even or HT pulling ahead in the 'I'm throwing a wagon at you' ranges.

Throwing blades are awesome, especially for training, but generally speaking thrown weapons have trouble getting past a worthy shield. This is especially true of throwing blades. At high end PvP, damage scales such that it's better to stack the deck with single-shot damage, rather than chip away, so you'd be better off with a tyrium bola versus throwing blades. Same concept applies to HT vs. LT.

Having said that you can be very successful with either, so it's not like there is a wrong answer. LT gets you throwing blades and naphtha, HT gets you more damage per shot. I'm currently HT primary and don't regret it, though I am slowly working LT to make it also one of my primary weapons.
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 11:12 PM CDT
Naphtha also procs on per-hit, right? So theoretically if you managed to stun or otherwise debuff your opponent someway to help your LT get pass their shield, easy explosions?
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 11:15 PM CDT
>>Naphtha also procs on per-hit, right? So theoretically if you managed to stun or otherwise debuff your opponent someway to help your LT get pass their shield, easy explosions?

I believe this is correct. Naphtha's amazingly fun but you're also generally better off going for damage to a vital area than preparation for damage over time, as painful as the DoT is. Naturally this is all in reference to current combat. Hopefully 3.0 will make perks like having weapons lodged in you for vitality hits and being set on fire during combat will become viable strategies.
Re: LT vs HT 07/22/2012 11:47 PM CDT
If you have enough hiding to make your opponent search you out, and enough perception to see them search - slash/wail + blades = certain doom.

In a straight-up contest, wail is great for 'softening' your target for a 5-stack.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 06:34 AM CDT
>>In a straight-up contest, wail is great for 'softening' your target for a 5-stack.

Immobilization's not what it used to be. Even with Wail/Lash/Anger/Everild and eagle dance, I can have trouble breaking a Paladin's shield with blades. Not so much with the kanton spear.
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 07:35 AM CDT
At some point a devastating roar combo will allow you to blast anyone in the game, 1000+ shield or not.

Why are people saying that a 5 stack will unbalance the enemy? I never ever noticed this since they fixed it years ago.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 08:53 AM CDT
>>Why are people saying that a 5 stack will unbalance the enemy? I never ever noticed this since they fixed it years ago.<<

It does if you hit them without killing them outright. Mostly because at least one of those will at least give a minor stun.
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 11:21 AM CDT
>>It does if you hit them without killing them outright. Mostly because at least one of those will at least give a minor stun.

I'm not seeing any balance tanking without a stun. I just tested against shalswar and adjusting stance, whiffing and then landing small hits.

There was once a bug with throwing blades that would completely tank the target's balance (extremely imbalanced) even if you whiffed all five. The GMs squashed it (99% sure it was Dartenian) and so I wonder what people are talking about when they still mention that throwing blades lower the target's balance.

As for the topic at hand... the only advantage LT has over HT is with the throwing blades (the small roundtime difference doesn't matter overall). And that is:

1. Training and learning LT
2. Killing something in one move before it can run away

Otherwise, if you can't one shot something with the throwing blades you're better off using an all-powerful throwing weapon to stun/kill them much more quickly. And HT > LT when it comes to power.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 11:41 AM CDT
>>Why are people saying that a 5 stack will unbalance the enemy? I never ever noticed this since they fixed it years ago.<<

Pretty sure Gort was using this tactic against me. Basically with his offhand he was able to throw 3 sets of 5 blades and I shield blocked them all, and because I shield blocked 15 blades my balance got nerfed.

Basically if you're shield blocking you're shield blocking each of the 5 blades individually, rather than considering it all as 1 attack. That is basically what most people mean when they say "throwing blades will nerf your balance quickly".

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: LT vs HT 07/23/2012 11:51 AM CDT
Vin, maybe try your test against another player, instead of a critter? I know some tests can be influenced by different mechanics between players and critters.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: LT vs HT 07/24/2012 12:10 AM CDT
>> Immobilization's not what it used to be. Even with Wail/Lash/Anger/Everild and eagle dance, I can have trouble breaking a Paladin's shield with blades. Not so much with the kanton spear.

Wail is very significant. I had a fight tonight at Wyvern Trials where my opponent was blocking all my blades(all but one), and then I wailed (87 Charisma, Dragon up, no paint, no mask) and got in some major shots.

IMO, Wail/Slash is easily the most devastating roar combo. Much more effective than Lash/Slash, considering:

the voice-loss(2 levels vs 3 levels respectively)

the duration(Wail's immobilization lasts far longer than Lash's stun)

Wail is definitely harder to pull off - but if you're boosted properly - shouldn't matter.

Log from my opponent's perspective(was kind enough to send it to me - my g3 log broke when I was searching my logs folder)

Gorteous draws forth some throwing blades.
>
* Gorteous throws a throwing blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
The throwing blade lands nearby!
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
* Gorteous throws a throwing blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
>
You begin to advance on Gorteous.
>
Gorteous closes to pole weapon range on you!
Gorteous stops you from advancing any farther!
>
>
Gorteous closes to melee range on you!
>
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
Your azure cage momentarily buckles.
* Gorteous throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a dark stained target shield.
The blade lands a good strike (3/22) that tears a small piece of skin from the left calf.
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're bruised, solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>
>
>
< You kick your foot at Gorteous. Gorteous dodges.
[You're off balance with opponent in good position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>
Gorteous snickers.
>
You move into a position to dodge.
[You're slightly off balance with opponent in better position.]
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
[Wyvern Arena, Red Corner]
Several blood splatters down the wall are framed on either side by a series of bloody hand prints. Drag marks line the sand, and irregular dark droplets follow the trail back towards the triage area.
You also see a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a rusted red blade, a rusted red blade, a rusted red blade, a rusted red blade, a hand mallet with a leather wrapped mistwood handle and a ramp leading to the triage area.
Also here: Gambler Osus and Professor Gorteous.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east.
>
Gorteous draws forth some lurid fuchsia blades.
>
* Gorteous throws a lurid fuchsia blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
The lurid fuchsia blade lands nearby!
[You're slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
* Gorteous throws a lurid fuchsia blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
>
< You kick your foot at Gorteous. Gorteous evades.
[You're off balance with opponent in better position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>
Gorteous says, "Nice."
>
You move into a position to dodge.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>
Gorteous picks up a rusted red blade.
Gorteous puts his blade in his hitman's backpack.
>
Gorteous gets an orange longsword from inside his hitman's backpack.
>
* Gorteous feints an orange longsword at you. You dodge.
[You're slightly off balance and have slight advantage.]
>
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
Icy blue frost crackles up your arms with the ferocity of a blizzard as you begin to prepare the Dazzle spell!
>
* Gorteous steps backward and then slices at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>
* Gorteous feints an orange longsword at you. You dodge.
>
Gorteous says, "Awww."
>
Gorteous puts his longsword in his hitman's backpack.
>
Gorteous retreats from you.
>
>
Gorteous begins to advance on you!
Gorteous is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
Gorteous draws forth some rusted red blades.
>
* Gorteous throws a rusted red blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
The rusted red blade lands nearby!
* Gorteous throws a rusted red blade at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
>
>
Gorteous says, "Darnit."
>
Gorteous stops advancing on you.
>
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg.

You have a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your left leg.
>
Gorteous says, "So mean, blockin all my knives."
>
Gorteous grins.
>
You notice Gorteous slip into a hiding place.
You point at Gorteous, ruining his attempt to hide.
>
>
You snap your fingers.
>
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
>
* Gorteous throws a tempered throwing mallet at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
The throwing mallet lands nearby!
>
>
>
You skillfully remove the throwing blade from your leg leaving the wound no worse than it was before.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.
>
Gorteous picks up a tempered throwing mallet.
>
* Gorteous throws a tempered throwing mallet at you. You block with a dark stained target shield.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>
>
>
>
Gorteous picks up a hand mallet with a leather wrapped mistwood handle.
>
>
You drop a throwing blade.
>
Gorteous drops a hand mallet with a leather wrapped mistwood handle.
>
Gorteous puts his mallet in his hitman's backpack.
>
>
>
Gorteous ponders.
>
Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.
>
>
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
Icy blue frost crackles up your arms with the ferocity of a blizzard as you begin to prepare the Dazzle spell!
>
>
Gorteous lowers his head briefly before unleashing a roar hinting at a fatal following.
You are frozen with fear!
>
>
Gorteous draws forth some rusted red blades.
>
* Gorteous throws a rusted red blade at you. You partially block with a dark stained target shield.
The blade lands a good strike (3/22) to your right leg.
The rusted red blade lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're bruised, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
* Gorteous throws a rusted red blade at you. You partially block with a dark stained target shield.
The blade lands a hard hit (5/22) that cuts the lumbar region just enough to bleed a little.
[You're battered, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
The blade lands a good strike (3/22) to your abdomen.
[You're battered, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
The blade lands a solid hit (4/22) that rips skin and exposes bloody cartilage under the left kneecap.
[You're very beat up, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
!>
You don't seem to be able to move to do that.
!>
!>
* Gorteous throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a dark stained target shield.
The blade lands a hard hit (5/22) that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest.
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're badly hurt, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
The blade lands a heavy strike (7/22) that shatters the right elbow into grinding splinters.
The throwing blade lodges itself firmly into you!
[You're terribly wounded, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
The blade lands a solid hit (4/22) that partially splits the sternum, snapping some ribs surrounding the heart, lightly stunning you.
The throwing blade lodges itself deeply into you!
[You're near death, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
The blade lands a strong hit (6/22) that stabs deeply into the right thigh, puncturing the femoral artery.
The throwing blade lodges itself deeply into you!
[You're in death's grasp, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
The blade lands a heavy strike (7/22) that tears flesh and cartilage as the right leg is ripped clean below the knee (Better order that peg leg!).
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The throwing blade falls to the ground!
[You're near death, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
P>
You see Gorteous start to back off just as you lose consciousness. The challenge has been satisfied!

Like I said, great for 'softening a target.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: LT vs HT 07/24/2012 12:19 AM CDT
Just ran a quick test.

You step up to Vahlissa and say, "I challenge you to The Pain in a contest of skill!"

Your attack ability is now set at 40%.

>stance
You are currently using 100% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 92% of your shield block skill.
You are currently using 0% of your weapon parry skill.
(You have 12 defensive point(s) left to allocate.)
You are attacking with 40% of your offensive skill.

Last Combat Maneuver: Dodge
>
Vahlissa accepts your challenge.
>
You get some throwing blades from inside your dark leather backpack.

>throw vahliss

You turn to face Vahlissa.
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa dodges, leaning to one side with no room to spare.
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa dodges, barely managing to get out of the way.
< Moving like a striking snake, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa evades, barely twisting out of harm's reach.
< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa evades, barely twisting out of harm's reach.
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa dodges, stepping aside.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>stance attack 55
Your attack ability is now set at 55%.
>throw vahliss
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving like a striking snake, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]

You pick up a throwing blade.
You put your blade in your dark leather backpack.
>
\
>

>stow blade in my backp
>
>stow blade in my backp
>stow blade in my backp
>stow blade in my backp
>stow blade in my backp
>stow blade in my backp

Vahlissa gulps.
>whisper vahliss After each throw, whisper to me your balance?
You whisper to Vahlissa, "After each throw, whisper to me your balance?"
>
Vahlissa whispers, "solid"

>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving with incredible power and control, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving with incredible power and control, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
Vahlissa whispers, "same"
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving in with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Moving in with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving like a striking snake, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
>
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>stance attack 60
Your attack ability is now set at 60%.

>throw vahliss
< Moving with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Moving with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>stance attack 65
Your attack ability is now set at 65%.
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>
>
>stance attack 70
Your attack ability is now set at 70%.
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa partially blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a light hit to Vahlissa's back.
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa partially blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a grazing blow to Vahlissa's right arm.
< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa partially blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a grazing blow to Vahlissa's right leg.
< Moving with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa partially blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a brushing hit to Vahlissa's abdomen.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]

>stance attack 65
Your attack ability is now set at 65%.
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
< Moving with powerful grace, you throw a throwing blade at Vahlissa. Vahlissa partially blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a brushing hit to Vahlissa's chest.
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>

>stance attack 60
Your attack ability is now set at 60%.
>get blade in backp
>throw vahliss
[Roundtime 5 sec.]
>
>
>nod
You nod.
>whisper vahliss Ok, thanks.
You whisper to Vahlissa, "Ok, thanks."

-GM Abasha
Re: LT vs HT 07/24/2012 06:31 AM CDT
It seems the roar talk is off topic from what the original poster was asking. I like LT a lot for the short RTs (and obviously the awesomeness of the "five stack", as the kids are saying these days). Everytime I hear five stack, I think of some lumberjack eating a pile of flapjacks. You'll have no issue under this current system landing apocalyptic blows with enough LT ranks, depending on what you are hunting (typically at level). For PVP, it's pretty good. The best LT item I have seen is they tyrium light throwing axe that does very heavy slice and moderate impact damage (I think low puncture), and has decent balance and decent suitedness at 40 stones (is a ME weapon, too).

Squanto: think they'll make it so we can swim to the islands?
Codiax: probably not but who knows
Squanto: maybe moonwalk faster on the iceroad with enough reflex, athletics & xibar up?
Codiax: lol yeah totally. have to sing ice ice baby to make it work
Re: LT vs HT 07/24/2012 09:45 AM CDT
When I fight Gort I tend to block the first couple of rounds of throwing blades and my balance degrades to a point where I start catching all of the throwing blades with my chest. I just assumed that was part of the deal when using throwing blades.

Madigan
Re: LT vs HT 07/25/2012 09:32 AM CDT
>>When I fight Gort I tend to block the first couple of rounds of throwing blades and my balance degrades to a point where I start catching all of the throwing blades with my chest. I just assumed that was part of the deal when using throwing blades.

Could you post it? There are a couple ways someone's balance can degrade without it being the result of throwing blades. Were you attacking him while it was happening?

-GM Abasha
Re: LT vs HT 07/25/2012 12:29 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure I couldn't hit Leilond without roaring first.

Re: LT vs HT 07/25/2012 05:54 PM CDT
<<Could you post it? There are a couple ways someone's balance can degrade without it being the result of throwing blades. Were you attacking him while it was happening?

Ohh, you know how it goes...until I can reach melee nothing much I can do but advance and hope they don't insta-retreat too quickly on me. I'll pull some old logs. I am certain I was doing something during advancement (probably spamming "SMITE GORT" over and over) heh.

Madigan
Re: LT vs HT 07/27/2012 09:34 PM CDT

I don't use LT, but as far as HT goes I love the ability of a thrown hammer to knock an opponent down. Kills balance and the RT isn't bad. I have a bonded tyrium hammer and average 2 to 3 seconds rt. with an invoke bond macro I can get off 3 to 5 throws in 10 seconds...

A tyrium throwing hammer is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
somewhat fair slice damage
extreme impact damage

You are certain that the hammer is inadequately balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the throwing hammer is nearly impervious to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The throwing hammer is made with metal.
The throwing hammer feels light.

Strength : 46 Reflex : 60
Agility : 51 Charisma : 50
Discipline : 60 Wisdom : 50
Intelligence : 52 Stamina : 46

267 ranks of HT...I use it for hunting only as I am backtraining it.
Re: LT vs HT 07/29/2012 03:23 AM CDT
How much does that tyrium throwing hammer weigh?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: LT vs HT 07/29/2012 03:22 PM CDT

sorry forgot the weight....it is 60 stones
Re: LT vs HT 07/31/2012 03:33 PM CDT

>appr axe
A twin-bladed gyre axe with a center grip wrapped in Velakan linen is a light thrown and medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
very heavy slice damage
moderate impact damage

You are certain that the axe is decently balanced and is decently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the gyre axe is nearly impervious to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The gyre axe is made with metal.
You are confident that the gyre axe weighs about 41 stones.

Yay tyrium light throwing axe.
Re: LT vs HT 07/31/2012 06:03 PM CDT
That's ridiculous!

I like the style too, it would go great on my LT-using Sand Elven Barbarian.

I would do humiliating things for that axe.
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 12:34 AM CDT
Very nice axe. Two questions:

1) What is its definitive weight? You posted a "confident" appraisal, and it has to be certain (or weighed at a MAMAS).

2) What template is it that it's LT/ME?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 01:10 AM CDT
>2) What template is it that it's LT/ME?

Light throwing axe.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 06:52 AM CDT
Those axes are vicious. And the HT hurling axe is really good, too. I prefer that over my throwing hammer (the axe locks HT faster). If you go that route, just carry a handful due to lodging. Good old steel does the trick, unless you want to bond a rare metal one. The only issue with that is some people are losing them forever to critters that make them go poof when they die (recently happened with a bonded tyrium light throwing axe and an invasion critter). And no, the axe was not given back to the player. Hence, why I personally don't like using rare metal lodgers.

Squanto: think they'll make it so we can swim to the islands?
Codiax: probably not but who knows
Squanto: maybe moonwalk faster on the iceroad with enough reflex, athletics & xibar up?
Codiax: lol yeah totally. have to sing ice ice baby to make it work
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 08:37 AM CDT

Register, register, register!

Carry on.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 02:28 PM CDT
>>The only issue with that is some people are losing them forever to critters that make them go poof when they die (recently happened with a bonded tyrium light throwing axe and an invasion critter).

Yeah, I once had an issue like that before. A GM told me that something about invasion critters make things poof sometimes, and since then I never used my best lodgers during an invasion.

-GM Abasha
Re: LT vs HT 08/01/2012 03:45 PM CDT
>A GM told me that something about invasion critters make things poof sometimes,

Or, if you're REALLY (un)lucky, your entire character could go poof with the invasion creature and find yourself in a holding cell/staging area and suddenly get the feeling that you're Han Solo stuck amidst tens of thousands of clone troopers! ;p true story.
Re: LT vs HT 08/02/2012 05:25 AM CDT
>>2) What template is it that it's LT/ME?

>>Light throwing axe.

Huh. I could have sworn I got down all your wares' templates into my spreadsheet, Caraamon. I must have missed that one, or you added it later.

Thanks!

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: LT vs HT 08/02/2012 03:23 PM CDT
>Huh. I could have sworn I got down all your wares' templates into my spreadsheet, Caraamon. I must have missed that one, or you added it later.

There were a couple items added to the game after the original list. There's a HT throwing axe as well.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance