Effective Training 02/27/2016 11:28 AM CST
What's the best way to effectively train tactics in my combat routine? Thanks.
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 01:31 PM CST
The easiest, laziest way is to just throw in a "bob" periodically. Blunt force way is to actually sit there repeating "bob" over and over. "Best" way? Probably using "analyze" and completing the maneuvers recommended.

Personally, I train tactics along with aimed ranged weapons--load, aim, bob, weave, circle, fire. However, that's not for everyone. It's nice having options to choose from.
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 01:35 PM CST

>"Best" way? Probably using "analyze" and completing the maneuvers recommended.

This is what I do - just run the combos over and over. Usually locks tactics before whatever weapon I'm using locks.
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 01:40 PM CST
I stopped analyzing a long time ago and it made things much easier. As other posters have said, use "moves" like bob, circle, weave, whatever. I have them built into my attack combos and my tactics is always moving. It's much more preferable than analyzing and doing all that. That makes combat annoying for me.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 01:54 PM CST

Fair enough.

>It's much more preferable than analyzing and doing all that. That makes combat annoying for me

I just script that so it's not at all annoying to me. Agreed that the bob/weave/whatever moves are useful in ranged training if you're not working stealth or casting spells during your aim time. Bob in particular is great if you have any fatigue issues chaining together non-feint attacks as well.
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 02:13 PM CST
If you need/want to focus on tactics or don't spend as much time in combat; analyze and continue to analyze until you see a massive opening and then complete the tactical combo. Once you've locked it (usually in a handful of kills depending on where the lore skillset falls for you) tossing in an analyze or 2 per critter will easily keep it moving at a high mindstate.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 02:14 PM CST

I also like to use them when training throwns to help gain balance/position.

Jalika
Re: Effective Training 02/27/2016 08:10 PM CST
>> I just script that so it's not at all annoying to me. Agreed that the bob/weave/whatever moves are useful in ranged training if you're not working stealth or casting spells during your aim time. Bob in particular is great if you have any fatigue issues chaining together non-feint attacks as well.

Also note you can always brawl while using ranged weapons. Gouge is great for balance. And if ranged is a sling or a crossbow, you can also throw offhand.
Re: Effective Training 02/28/2016 08:26 PM CST
Do Charged Combat Maneuvers teach tactics? I'm a barbarian so it teaches our guild specific skill. That's why I ask.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!