Combo Suggestion 03/16/2015 10:27 AM CDT
This is inspired by a post in the Bards' folders. It's a suggestion for a new sort of debuff that could be applied via combos. A critter hit by this effect would neither benefit from, nor contribute to, the multi-opponent penalty. The idea is that you're maneuvering around your foe in a way that prevents them from bringing their full numbers to bear on you. That seems well-suited to the Tactics skill.
Re: Combo Suggestion 03/16/2015 04:31 PM CDT
<<The idea is that you're maneuvering around your foe in a way that prevents them from bringing their full numbers to bear on you. That seems well-suited to the Tactics skill.>>

I like the general train of thought here, if not the specific implementation suggested. I don't think you should have to land attacks and complete a combo in order to maneuver into a better defensive position. I'd rather see a stand-alone maneuver in the same vein as WEAVE that removes (or lessens if you're not quite so successful) the target's ability to inflict or benefit from the multi-opponent penalty for a little bit. To take it a step further, there could be another tier to it where if you do it again to a target that's already been affected, they're blocked out of being able to get at you altogether for a little bit (other opponents are between you and them). We could call it ISOLATE or something.

If it has to be a combo, I'd suggest that it be a purely tactical combo (you have to land a circle, bob, and weave or something).

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Combo Suggestion 03/16/2015 04:36 PM CDT

I wonder if you could maneuver your primary target in such a way that targets flanking you are now at pole range or further? The idea of putting your primary target between you and secondary targets. Maybe high success could cause the secondary targets to be confused and stop facing you, and critical success could prevent them from engaging for a few seconds due to confusion. They would have to re-target / re-engage.