Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/19/2014 05:32 PM CDT
Is there a way to use ANALYZE with your offhand weapon for the tactics combos?

If there isn't, could it possibly be added?
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/19/2014 08:32 PM CDT
I really don't know, but suspect it would involve a ton of work. When I get some free time I might try to take a look at it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/20/2014 03:24 AM CDT
After doing some testing... I have found it's possible to use your offhand weapon to apply tactical combos, but you have to use your main hand to analyze them. So dual wielding the same type of weapon or swapping before and after each analyze and attack works. Ideally, it would be nice to just ANALYZE LEFT but I can certainly understand it not being simple, since anything combat is crazy complicated. Thanks for looking into it if you manage to get around to it.
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/20/2014 12:55 PM CDT
It is more a parsing problem. Just ANALYZE <first,second,third> :critter: is easy to do, but ANALYZE <first,second,third> :critter: OR ANALYZE OFFHAND <first,second,third> :critter: is trickier...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/20/2014 07:25 PM CDT
Why not have two separate verbs? Analyze main or analyze_offhand it would allow for multiple combos for dual wielding characters.
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 05/20/2014 08:54 PM CDT
We try to keep verbs as actual verbs. I've been shot down a few times trying to sidestep this :P There is also a max verb length that gets in the way.

Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 06/05/2014 11:22 PM CDT

Would creating a dual-weapon combat feint/bluff type charged combat maneuver that grants output for both weapons like Analyze does be one way of addressing this? A special technique that tricks your opponent into revealing weaknesses?
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 06/07/2014 08:58 AM CDT
along the lines with this topic, is there any chance we can get analyze to default the critter you're facing in The Fallen, like it does in prime?

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
-Lord Chesterfield
Re: Offhand tactics ANALYZE 06/07/2014 09:34 AM CDT
<<along the lines with this topic, is there any chance we can get analyze to default the critter>> <<you're facing in The Fallen, like it does in prime?>>

This doesn't always work in prime either. Gryphons and Orcs are a good example of this.

Bluefalcon