Tactics in TF not the same as Prime 07/11/2013 05:09 AM CDT
Can TF get the updated Tactics please? In prime, when using analyze, it defaults to the critter you are facing. It doesn't do this in TF. Also, it appears that Tactics in TF is giving some commands that can't be executed.

You pick up a copper-chain bola.
The heggarangi frog closes to pole weapon range on you!
analyze
Moving in like a timid schoolboy, a heggarangi frog bites at you. You beat off most of the teeth with a copper-chain bola.

Analyze what?

analyze frog

You reveal a tiny weakness in a heggarangi frog's defense.
Balance reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a jab, a bash and a jab.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

get bola

You get a copper-chain bola from inside your backpack.
analyze frog

You reveal a tiny weakness in a heggarangi frog's defense.
A chance for a stun can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a slam, a bash, a chop and a bash.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

With pathetic timing, a heggarangi frog bites at you. You beat off most of the teeth with a copper-chain bola.

slam
You can not slam with a copper-chain bola!

slam shield
It's best you not do that to a steel target shield.

slam frog
You can not slam with a copper-chain bola!

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you slam a copper-chain bola at a heggarangi frog. A heggarangi frog fails to dodge, taking the full blow.
The bola lands a solid (5/23) hit to the frog's right arm.
[You're off balance with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete
Re: Tactics in TF not the same as Prime 07/11/2013 10:19 AM CDT
>slam shield
>It's best you not do that to a steel target shield.

Unrelated, but you need to remove your shield before you slam with it; and then the command is just slam.
Re: Tactics in TF not the same as Prime 07/11/2013 12:22 PM CDT
>Also, it appears that Tactics in TF is giving some commands that can't be executed.

The problem with Slam is in prime, too, in fact there are problems with every shield-related attack, as well as some weirdness with blunt weapon synonyms. Eh, just have a powerhaus-style paste of my combat notes... I keep forgetting if I've reported any of this.

Slam is a 'pommel strike' but is also a 'slam' -- you can't slam from pole range.

Slam is also a shield bash- a shield bash takes precedence if you have one (it might need to be sorted first in inventory?) -- counts for combos

Pummel is a slam -- this even counts for combo purposes.
--a shield ALSO takes precedence if you pummel (the reverse situation), but cannot pummel, so wonders if you should use a melee weapon?

You can pummel from pole range.

So there are no synonyms in combos for blunt weapons:

chop = bash (except it isn't -- a bash won't move a combo forward if it calls for a chop)

swing = slice (except for combos)
Re: Tactics in TF not the same as Prime 07/11/2013 12:22 PM CDT
>>Unrelated, but you need to remove your shield before you slam with it; and then the command is just slam.<<

Right. That's part of my point. The command should be just slam... period. Instead, it only works if I put slam frog and that's not the way it is in prime. Tactics in TF is definitely a little wonky.

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete