MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/30/2010 04:56 PM CDT
I stole this from Apu, but I thought it was worth repeating.

>>I do think it would be really cool for DR to have some way to form up a 5 man hunting party and take down stuff you couldn't otherwise defeat

I think it has probably been brought up before, and I'm sure it has been worked on behind the scenes as well, but I think it would be amazing if ALL creatures scaled a bit like this.

It would be incredibly dangerous hunting, but if 4x 1st Circles wanted to take on a cougar (for example) a group mechanic should allow some sort of penalty on the cougar for group tactics.

I would see this as a "bonus" to the MO penalty. So two people in a group, attacking the same critter, would be stronger than two people attacking said critter disbanded.

Also, it would give a thrill to creatures like Leucros (others?) that run in packs. A pack could get the same "bonus". Someone made this comment the other day as well.

Tactics could compliment this with group bonuses to attack, defenses, etc.

Scaling this might be difficult, but this would be great for invasion critters as well that it might take 3+ 100 circle characters to bring it down. As Armifer mentioned, these are starting to be introduced here and there.

Just a thought. Tear apart as necessary.

-The Lonely Halfing
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/30/2010 09:15 PM CDT
I very much like the idea of giving critters an MO penalty, good stuff.

Generally the only time I group hunt (and from what I've read on the forums lately, I'm not alone) is when I've got an itch to bite off more than I can chew with a few friends. 'Raid' bosses might be neat.
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/30/2010 09:15 PM CDT
Meaningful group hunting mechanics would really change the nature of DR Prime, IMO. Some day...

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/30/2010 10:29 PM CDT
They already have some stuff in the works to hep with group hunting. Mainly the scroll reduction mechanics (any word on when this will be released? Tonight maybe?). But Hopefully wyrens will have some good group mechanics to them and not be able to be solo'ed at all.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/31/2010 06:12 AM CDT
>Meaningful group hunting mechanics would really change the nature of DR Prime, IMO. Some day...

Plat too. Having "boss" critters where a 150th, a 80th, and a 20th can all engage in a fight would really be quite useful over there.

But yeah, group hunting improvement (NOT requirement) would be a real boost for DR.

-pete
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/31/2010 07:24 PM CDT
this. i'd like to see them take some of the old "quest" bosses <i.e. dunshade nanny> and make them like the present "boss-npcs" so that all questers could contribute in taking them down, irregardless of circle. the staff did a very good job in this regard with the "lyras" NPC-bosses, and I'd like this to be expanded to the other things as well.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 08/31/2010 07:25 PM CDT
>irregardless

Twitch

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: MO, Bosses, Group Hunting 09/01/2010 09:58 AM CDT
>> Twitch

Guess I'm not the only one who cringes at that. The worst one is preheat though.