time for some new armor 04/19/2008 05:40 PM CDT
i finally have a lil money to spend and am wanting to redo my armor setup. what i would like is to be able to train leather, lc, and cloth at the same time, and all roughly equally. what im wondering is what kind of setup am i looking for? i understand cloth is not makable, but whatever kinda leather and lc items i need, i would like them to be player made and capped.

im not sure if it matters, but here are my armor ranks in said skills:

Leather Armor: 172 47% clear
Light Chain: 154 90% clear
Cloth Armor: 48 46% learning

i know my cloth is way behind the other two and it may cause some problems, but i will worry bout later. all i want right now is a setup i can keep for a long time.

~Artilius
Re: time for some new armor 04/19/2008 09:13 PM CDT
Usability and protection aside, (going for training equal) I would probably set up something like this:

Cloth: Shirt
Leather: Mask and Vambraces
LC: Greaves and Gloves

I haven't tested this out at all, but my guess would be that something close to this would work.
Re: time for some new armor 04/20/2008 05:21 AM CDT
>>Usability and protection aside, (going for training equal) I would probably set up something like this:

>>Cloth: Shirt
>>Leather: Mask and Vambraces
>>LC: Greaves and Gloves

>>I haven't tested this out at all, but my guess would be that something close to this would work.

A cloth shirt will not work with the vambrances, as both cover arms. It would have to be the cloth vest from the Paladin guild.

--Player of many, master of none--
Re: time for some new armor 04/20/2008 05:32 AM CDT
>Cloth: Shirt
>Leather: Mask and Vambraces
>LC: Greaves and Gloves

Be careful -- the cloth shirt available covers arms. I believe there is a vest available that does not (from the Paladin shop on Ratha I think?).

Other than that, I agree that this is an ideal setup for equal training -- not to mention being very low weight. (The lightest armor item tends to be the greaves, which is why it's good to put your heavier armor type there. The heaviest tends to be the vest/shirt area, which is why it's good to put your lightest type there.)

Have a look at Hanryu's compendium (http://kynevon.info/) for weights, stats, and prices of all store-bought stuff. I'm not sure if it has the Ratha Paladin shop, so you may have to ask around on that one.

- Player of Niieth
Re: time for some new armor 04/20/2008 06:07 AM CDT
<<A cloth shirt will not work with the vambrances, as both cover arms. It would have to be the cloth vest from the Paladin guild.>>

<<Be careful -- the cloth shirt available covers arms. I believe there is a vest available that does not (from the Paladin shop on Ratha I think?).>>

Oh yes! I meant the vest, thanks for the correction.
Re: time for some new armor 04/20/2008 08:16 AM CDT
Mixing in cloth is just hard, if you want any sort of decent protection in a risky situation. If I were you I would do:

Tanned reinforced coat (azure-scaled or troll-hide, probably)
LC helm (store bought for the eye protection)
LC gloves (forged)
Cloth Legs

I'd keep a set of LC greaves on me to get rid of the cloth for when you need more protection. Maybe pack a tanned cowl for when you need protection but also want to do some hiding (leather cowl & coat, chain gloves & greaves), but who knows.

I think at the end of the day you'd be better served with dumping the cloth for HC. Leather coat with L&H chain accessories can be a great set up for evasion focused melee with the option to hide if you remove armor or just overtrain stealths. If a 2 armor mix is more your style, it's hard to beat full leathers with LC head and hand gear.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: time for some new armor 04/20/2008 01:57 PM CDT
>I think at the end of the day you'd be better served with dumping the cloth for HC.

i understand that, but its kinda an RP reason i want cloth. though i do train HC also, its my 4th highest armor.

>If a 2 armor mix is more your style, it's hard to beat full leathers with LC head and hand gear.

thats exactly what i been doin for a while, and yer right, i like it alot for protection and stealth. but again, i want the cloth for RP.

everyone, thanks for all the ideas. i really appreciate it. is there a leather coat that just covers the torso area, and not arms? i was thinkin maybe goin:

tanned coat (chest, back, abdomen)
cloth sleeves (arm)
cloth pants (legs)
lc gloves (hand)
lc helm (head, neck, eyes)

i realize that will mess me up for poppin boxes with the arms, and stealth, with the legs. but should maybe provide the best all around protection for what i want to do. is that a viable set up?

i think right now, its either my above set up, or the one mentioned earlier:

cloth vest
leather mask/vambrace
lc greav/glove

~Artilius
Re: time for some new armor 04/21/2008 07:13 AM CDT
Ok, now I see you're gunning for an RP based armor set-up here, but you can't say "best protection" and cloth armor in the same sentence :p

Honestly with trying to mix those 3 types, just go with whatever you want, any way you'll be making a big sacrifice.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: time for some new armor 04/21/2008 12:12 PM CDT
>Ok, now I see you're gunning for an RP based armor set-up here, but you can't say "best protection" and cloth armor in the same sentence :p

yer right, i should have worded that better. and im certainly realizing now that cloth is very hard to work with and stay alive. im backtraining it up in vines/creepers right now, and almost died 3 times yesterday. twice i found myself in the lake cradled, hopin to get help, LOL. but it is comin along nicely though. 60 ranks in cloth right now. thanks again everyone for all the suggestions!

~Artilius
Re: time for some new armor 04/24/2008 01:31 PM CDT
I wear pretty much the same set up though I mixed in HC as well. Heres what I wear:

HC: head, neck, eyes
LC: arms, hands
Leather: chest, back, abdomen
Cloth: legs

You are wearing some supple ring mail vambraces, some mail gloves, some forest green quilted pants with white piping down the legs, a visored chain helm and a superb serpent-skin breastplate.

Lightly hindered with 130ish ranks in each as a cleric.

Hope that helps.