The defense of multi opponents 01/12/2016 07:24 PM CST
So we have a change, multiple opponents (old school MO) transferred into Defending. With the change came the four critter engagement cap. I think that the cap is too low as you climb up a ladder. Perhaps we could make some sort of check on the Defending skill to increase the cap.

100th Circle Warmage in goblins? No cap on critters who can engage
100th Circle Trader in Warkins? Cap of four
100th Circle Barbarian in Trekhalos? Cap of seven

I'm using circle as a gauge not as a realist value. It should be based on defending skill. If you are under-hunting then the number of critters can increase if you hunting at or over skill the number caps at four.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/12/2016 07:57 PM CST
I just wonder how that would work with spawn. Say somebody underhunting for whatever reason with like 10 critters on them, would the other folks have any critters or would they just be sittin around listening to crickets chirp? Not a bad idea though.
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/12/2016 08:37 PM CST
The four creature cap came about long before MO was removed (And it became tactics IIRC not defending).

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/12/2016 10:47 PM CST
As far as I know, MO influenced Tactics grandfathering as 1/2 with Scholarship, but the actual application of MO transferred to Defending.

4 critter cap came with 2.0.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/13/2016 05:58 PM CST
I'm not talking about where skills were grandfathered, I'm talking about where they affect combat. From Elanthipedia...

"Defending indicates your overall ability to defend against attacks, and is in the armor skillset. It replaces Multiple Opponent's functionality as the skill used when being engaged with multiple foes, and also increases your defensive skills so that they're more effective overall."

So is this not true? Does the Defending skill not replace the MO functionality of how many opponents you can handle engaged? If so then that is why my suggestion stands. If not then we need to update the wiki.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/13/2016 10:44 PM CST
>>"Defending indicates your overall ability to defend against attacks, and is in the armor skillset. It replaces Multiple Opponent's functionality as the skill used when being engaged with multiple foes, and also increases your defensive skills so that they're more effective overall."

>So is this not true? Does the Defending skill not replace the MO functionality of how many opponents you can handle engaged? If so then that is why my suggestion stands. If not then we need to update the wik

It's correct. Perhaps it is a little confusingly worded since misconceptions about how 'MO' now works are common. Defending replaced MO's role in combat as the skill used when engaged with multiple foes. Tactics became the skill that Defending contests against (Previous it was not a skill contest).

See from:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Umm..._-_11/26/2012_-_21:56

Again, this is caveated that the "MO" penalty was nerfed in the past couple of years.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: The defense of multi opponents 01/14/2016 11:30 PM CST
>> I'm not talking about where skills were grandfathered, I'm talking about where they affect combat.

Assuming you're talking to me here, you should re-read my post.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."