Shield spikes and blades 06/20/2015 04:53 PM CDT
With the release of shields that do both puncture and impact damage at the Tog Culture Faire, I would like to suggest shield spike and shield blade attachments that add either slice or puncture damage to any existing shield. Perhaps make it so that you can add one type to any shield template (small, medium, large), and both types to large shields. The could be either merchant-items or able to be forged (preferred).

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/20/2015 07:52 PM CDT

I would love to see this happen. I recently bought the auction spiked shield and the difference from regular blunt slams compare to the extra spike damage is just great. If I could take my normal shields and customize them, that would really give shield slam that kick it needs.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/21/2015 12:04 AM CDT
I too would love to see an add-on to already tanned/forged shields to add spikes. That would be great. It might make slam worth taking the stance hit for. Pretty Please?

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/22/2015 09:36 AM CDT
>I would love to see this happen.

>I too would love to see an add-on to already tanned/forged shields to add spikes.

Me, too! I'd rather it not be limited to forged or tanned shields, though. Otherwise, auction/quest/fest shields would become less cool. In my mind, it's sort of like a weapon strap in function insofar as you can strap one to any shield but you can only have one on at a time.
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/22/2015 09:35 PM CDT
Isn't that the shield boss in the armor book? I could have sworn I got a shield spike attachment from that.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/22/2015 11:01 PM CDT
>>Me, too! I'd rather it not be limited to forged or tanned shields, though. <<

Agreed, that's why I suggested to any shield.

Perhaps make being able to put both on a shield be one of those elusive Paladin armor prime perks.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/23/2015 07:34 AM CDT
Shield spikes makes me nostalgic for 2.0 aegis of granite when you could put spikes on the giant tower shields. Those things were hilariously powerful.
Re: Shield spikes and blades 06/24/2015 01:27 AM CDT

Guys, you're doing the whole Cleric thing wrong, it's like this...

> shape shield to spiked

Your shield suddenly fluctuates, changing shape and reforming into a sparkling tower shield studded with small glowing spikes.
Roundtime 1 sec.
R>