Offhand? 11/28/2011 06:27 PM CST
Can slings be made to be usable offhand? Pretty please? It's not like that'd make 'em OP or anything.
Re: Offhand? 11/28/2011 06:39 PM CST
>Can slings be made to be usable offhand? Pretty please? It's not like that'd make 'em OP or anything.

Why....

But...

I don't... understand...
Malkien
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 12:22 AM CST
If I had to guess, it was so you could parry while using sling.
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 07:22 AM CST
>>If I had to guess, it was so you could parry while using sling.

doesn't staff sling do this?
As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 09:58 AM CST
Indeed, and with the coming skill combine they'll be the same skill.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 10:09 AM CST
<<Indeed, and with the coming skill combine they'll be the same skill.

And staff slings will still be woefully worse than slings. Hallelujah!

I'd guess the primary reason is because it'd be hard to whip a sling around with a buckler strapped to your arm.
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 02:26 PM CST
>>Why....

Mostly because I get tired of typing "LEFT" after every brawling maneuver while training them both at once. I'd rather type "LEFT" after aim and shoot.

I'd also like them to be loadable by the same hand that's holding them (which I don't think is too far a stretch), so one could effectively dual-wield with a sling and a melee weapon.
Re: Offhand? 11/29/2011 04:31 PM CST
>>Mostly because I get tired of typing "LEFT" after every brawling maneuver while training them both at once. I'd rather type "LEFT" after aim and shoot.

You might want to consider having some basic combat scripts. It made my life a lot easier.