New carved ammo 07/21/2010 05:33 PM CDT
How hard is it to make new capped sling stones? Going to guess it's more then my bad 170 mech so anyone out there willing to make some to sell me? And if so how much.
Re: New carved ammo 07/22/2010 02:13 PM CDT
You are using ANALYZE between steps, right? You may need to use polish, or a riffler, etc to make them masterful. I can cap them easily at 202 mech, but you have to make sure that you have the right equipment to create them perfectly.

Hope this helps.
Re: New carved ammo 07/22/2010 06:03 PM CDT
I'd say around 200 and using analyze every step will let you know if you slip below masterful
Re: New carved ammo 07/22/2010 06:44 PM CDT
Ok cool, I didn't realize they were that easy to make, I guess I'll go give it a shot. Thanks
Re: New carved ammo 07/23/2010 10:29 AM CDT
Hopefully new materials are a lot harder.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: New carved ammo 07/24/2010 06:36 PM CDT
I don't know why anyone would ever wish that ammunition for a combat weapon hardly anyone uses based on a lore skill would be "a lot harder" to cap.

Creating a smooth metal ball isn't rocket science.
Re: New carved ammo 07/24/2010 06:58 PM CDT
>I don't know why anyone would ever wish that ammunition for a combat weapon hardly anyone uses based on a lore skill would be "a lot harder" to cap.

However, creating flight-worthy 'shards' and 'spikes' would be much more difficult. Especially since they need to be designed to fly out of slings.

Oooorrrrr we could take a few steps back and realize that sling ammo is simply a nifty add-on to a new system, and the GMs are trying to create some parity in ammo-creation skills. And that players equate 'harder to cap' with both better caps and better learning.

I'd be curious to see the ranks to make 'capped' sling ammo vs. 'capped' arrows. For some reason I think arrows still take more skill.
Re: New carved ammo 07/24/2010 08:41 PM CDT
I do not know about you, but I am using my new crafting skill to devise flechette ammo for slings - kill the entire room full of critters with one swing!
Re: New carved ammo 07/24/2010 08:42 PM CDT
Though of course, that takes crafting skill at about Apu's level of mech lore.