(no subject) 12/08/2013 01:33 AM CST
<<The 50 rank requirement has been removed.>>

Thanks Kodius.

How about allowing shield bashing with worn shields while you're removing silly penalties? Or at least for Paladins ;)

--Just a Squire
Re: (no subject) 12/08/2013 02:02 AM CST
Might make it a Paladin only perk. Been hard pressed to find good perks for them. Shield-related maneuvers are also incoming.

I am thinking a shield crash that will knock over and potentially disengage a target back to Pole range from another target. maybe some others.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: (no subject) 12/08/2013 04:44 AM CST
<<Might make it a Paladin only perk. Been hard pressed to find good perks for them. Shield-related maneuvers are also incoming.>>

And we Paladins would raise a statue in your honor. I might even get an image of you embossed on my shield so every time I smack a critter with it they know who to thank.

--Just a Squire
Re: (no subject) 12/09/2013 08:45 AM CST
Oh I like shield crash, I'd love to be able to do that as a non-Paladin.

I've been suggesting that armor primary needs more perks so well, have at it. Still thats a nice one.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: (no subject) 12/09/2013 12:29 PM CST
Kodius, here are a few ideas for some shield perks (Paladin) and shield maneuvers (anyone). None of these have really been fleshed-out.

Shield perks (passive/mundane): Paladin only?

1) Shield bash(and other bashing style maneuvers) with worn shields

2) Worn shield penalty reduction(s): Based on ranks, but perhaps allow reflex/strength/discipline to also affect

Lose 1% shield type penalty per 100 ranks of shield skill
-Small shields have a 20% missile penalty, so for every 100 ranks shield skill that penalty is reduced 1%
-Large shields have a 20% melee penalty, so for every 100 ranks of shield skill that penalty is reduced 1%

There is currently a 25% protection reduction for arm worn shields. Allow this to be worked-off similar to the above proposal. Perhaps 1% every 100 ranks.

There is currently a 2HE/Shield penalty. Allow a reduction of this penalty for every 100 ranks combined shield/2HE

3) Shield deflect: gives a small chance of deflecting a ranged attack back at an enemy. Higher likelihood when using large vs. small shields. Based on shield skill, missile mastery, reflex, agility

Shield maneuvers (active): Based on shield ranks or add a defense feat system?

Shield slam: already exists make it melee only

Shield charge: a shield bash from polearm: more chance to stun/unbalance

Shield crash: potential to bash opponent back to polearm

Shield strike: a shield bash (unbalancing/stun) followed by a weapon attack

Shield drum: beat your weapon/fist against a shield in order to try to intimidate your opponent, lowering their defense/offense for a period of time. The more group members doing this at the same time, the more pronounced the effect.

Shield wall: used with other shield users in group. Improve shield defense of all group members. Added bonus for each Paladin in group.

Shield trample: knock down multiple opponents who are at melee

Spell block: improved defense from offensive spell attacks and DFA

Shield disarm: chance to disarm an opponent by hitting their weapon with your shield

--Just a Squire
Re: (no subject) 12/11/2013 01:50 PM CST
I like the idea for different shield feats and maneuvers but it wouldn't be fair to make it a paladin only thing obviously, but based on skillset placement for the amount available. Personally I'd like all feats and maneuvers skill based but that's just me. Primary guilds unlocking with much less skill, while tert can still work up to them but with a lot more work. Kind of like throwing blades but skillset based and not lore based or however they chose throwing blade logic. In that case its almost double the ranks 300-350? Vs 600.
Re: (no subject) 12/11/2013 04:14 PM CST
<<I like the idea for different shield feats and maneuvers but it wouldn't be fair to make it a paladin only thing obviously>>

Kodius said he was having difficulty coming-up with Paladin only perks. So I suggested a few.

Notice that it was only the first part of the list I suggested being Paladin perks.

--Just a Squire
Re: (no subject) 12/11/2013 07:29 PM CST
< Notice that it was only the first part of the list I suggested being Paladin perks.

My bad, I thought the whole list was meant to be paladin only.