Grapple Fix 08/19/2014 04:48 PM CDT
<3
Re: Grapple Fix 08/19/2014 05:05 PM CDT
Awesome. Now there's a mundane response to dem freakin invisible people. Grab 'em.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Grapple Fix 08/19/2014 05:29 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, has the following grapple bug been fixed?

1. GRAPPLE with someone.
2. FALL down or otherwise drag other person prone with you.
3. Use an ability that pulls you to your feet. E.g. old Harmony, new Cheetah Swiftness, etc.
4. Opponent remains prone while grappled to you and cannot break grapple, stand, or otherwise do anything of import. They are literally at your mercy until you break the grapple.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Grapple Fix 08/19/2014 07:44 PM CDT
> Opponent remains prone while grappled to you and cannot break grapple, stand, or otherwise do anything of import. They are literally at your mercy until you break the grapple.

This is the best part of tackle right now.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Grapple Fix 08/20/2014 04:11 PM CDT
>4. Opponent remains prone while grappled to you and cannot break grapple, stand, or otherwise do anything of import. They are literally at your mercy until you break the grapple.

As in opponent doesn't have enough skill, or they can't legitimately break the grapple because of syntax errors? I've had plenty of people break grapples against me while kneeling and/or prone while I'm standing.
Re: Grapple Fix 08/20/2014 04:57 PM CDT
<<As in opponent doesn't have enough skill, or they can't legitimately break the grapple because of syntax errors? I've had plenty of people break grapples against me while kneeling and/or prone while I'm standing.

As in something was broken with the calculations. I don't know if it was a roll-over bug, or if there were penalties applied from balance or something that were ridiculously high for the situation rendering it impossible, or something else entirely. If people have been able to break grapples against you while prone then it appears to have been fixed. It used to be possible for someone with <100 ranks to keep someone with 400+ ranks of brawling locked prone while grappled.

Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 07:53 AM CDT
>As in something was broken with the calculations. I don't know if it was a roll-over bug, or if there were penalties applied from balance or something that were ridiculously high for the situation rendering it impossible, or something else entirely. If people have been able to break grapples against you while prone then it appears to have been fixed. It used to be possible for someone with <100 ranks to keep someone with 400+ ranks of brawling locked prone while grappled.

Having my grapple broken hasn't been something new so I doubt it was something fixed recently. Also, I was under the impression grapple contests were tactics vs defending, not brawling, since grapple is a non damaging maneuver. Tactics I thought was responsible for bob/weave/circle/shove/grapple, is this not the case?
Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 09:17 AM CDT
>>I was under the impression grapple contests were tactics vs defending, not brawling, since grapple is a non damaging maneuver. Tactics I thought was responsible for bob/weave/circle/shove/grapple, is this not the case?

This is my understanding of how it works also. Not sure of the exact contest of breaking a grapple with shove though.
Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 09:45 AM CDT
Maybe what I'm seeing is a byproduct of being Armor Tertiary up against Lore Secondaries. Also, Kodius made some changes a while back to Shove to have a 30-60 second increased difficulty for each subsequent shove when players could indefinitely keep other players away as soon as someone got to melee by spamming the ability. Maybe that change is applying to Shove while grappled, but I haven't seen it at all. Like I mentioned, I've had people break grapples while kneeling before.
Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 10:17 AM CDT
>Tactics I thought was responsible for bob/weave/circle/shove/grapple, is this not the case?

Should be and my anecdata lends credence to it. People who definitely have more tactics and brawling than my paladin can't grapple with him presumably because paladin and defending skill is a match made in heaven and other cliches. At least as far as defending against grapple is concerned, defending skill feels like it plays a role.

Before shove changes a while back (not saying that's what fixed it), there were times I couldn't break grapples I initiated and my opponent couldn't either. I haven't experienced that in the recent past.
Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 06:26 PM CDT
<<Also, I was under the impression grapple contests were tactics vs defending, not brawling, since grapple is a non damaging maneuver. Tactics I thought was responsible for bob/weave/circle/shove/grapple, is this not the case?

Probably. Last time I tested the bug was before I came back when Tactics didn't exist, hence my use of brawling as the skill. I suspect it wasn't fixed specifically, but happened to get indirectly fixed by the various combat fixes.

And just to be clear, this was only in the specific case where you were both grappled while prone and an auto-stand ability brought you to your feet. The character I play currently doesn't have such an ability to be able to test it, which is why I was asking about it.

Re: Grapple Fix 08/21/2014 11:52 PM CDT
I don't know, but will try to test when time allows.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes