Snipe and 3.0 04/12/2012 02:02 PM CDT
Right now if you are dead you always pass the skill check to see who is sniping, in 3.0 will it be the same?
Re: Snipe and 3.0 04/12/2012 03:29 PM CDT
>>Right now if you are dead you always pass the skill check to see who is sniping, in 3.0 will it be the same?

I can't find any bug reports on this particular issue. Perhaps you could send in a bug report on what you're experiencing so that the right people can get to looking at it. As I'm sure you're aware by now, bug fixing continues even through the massive changes that are being worked on. Thanks!

GM Ricinus
Re: Snipe and 3.0 04/24/2012 12:03 PM CDT
Its not a bug, its a feature. In DR you are not allowed to go around killing people are remain anonymous. Otherwise, any could be a griefer, killing those who are not skilled as them with no consequences. If you want that, you are playing the wrong game.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Snipe and 3.0 05/08/2012 09:36 AM CDT
>>Its not a bug, its a feature. In DR you are not allowed to go around killing people are remain anonymous. Otherwise, any could be a griefer, killing those who are not skilled as them with no consequences. If you want that, you are playing the wrong game.

Do you know what snipe is?
Re: Snipe and 3.0 05/08/2012 09:42 AM CDT
>>Do you know what snipe is?

Snipe also has a policy behind it which can see the ability removed if you abuse it in the way he was talking about. I even believe I've read GM's express they would like it changed to work more like Viv, so the person who is being attacked knows who is attacking them.

The majority of people who actually use snipe in PvP use it along with inviso which shows the name of the person appear as they attack.
Re: Snipe and 3.0 05/08/2012 10:21 AM CDT
I would much rather see Snipe work like Viv, that way maybe, someday, somehow, we can Snipe with thrown weapons.
Re: Snipe and 3.0 05/17/2012 09:15 PM CDT
Ouch...5-hit snipe...

--Croegar/Shatteringwave/Someone Else

1st grade tl;dr version:

Numbers didn't change. Words changed. Words don't matter. Numbers all that matters.

--GRIM45