Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/18/2011 02:50 PM CDT
I did some testing after the change to see if I could learn all three defenses without much stance switching. I left evasion at 100% and then put shield and parry at 52% and 40%. This put parry and shield both within the limits of juvies. Evasion mind locked even though prior to the change I wasn't able to get above dabbling in juvies. Parry and shield never got past dabbling. If I stance for shield and lower the others, evasion mind locks and shield locks. Parry still doesn't get trained much. Basically, if I block most of the time I lock both shield and evasion. If I evade all the time but lower my other two stances and cut them in half I learn evasion. I'm not sure if that's what the fix intended to do. Has any other higher level hunter had this issue or is it just me? If it's me, I can play around with the stances until I can learn all three without having to change my stance.
Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/18/2011 07:36 PM CDT
Why would this change allow breaking the learning caps in critters, like in your example you said you could learn all 3 defenses in orc raiders with 900 evasion? I know this is a temp change but it shouldn't do that right?

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/19/2011 04:49 PM CDT
He was talking about learning the 300 in shield in raiders. If your evasion and parry are stanced to the point that you're not using shield to defend with then you are not going to learn shield. By lowering those higher defenses to the range of raiders will allow your shield skill to be contested and actually move. Your evasion and parry would still not learn since they are way over the cap.

This change is to fix when you would have to set your parry stance to 100 and evasion to 20 just so that you actually parry the attacks to learn parry. Now you may have to still lower your evasion to learn parry, but you don't have to parry every attack to learn it. So you can keep your stances in a safe range, but actually learn parry or shield without having to block every attack with that defense.
Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/25/2011 07:13 PM CDT
Well, in south barricade celps I stance 80 90 16, with just under 400 evasion, 400+ parry and only 300 shield before unbuffed. Even though I never block any attack with my shield (unless it's an open lawl) I'm still able to lock shield though it takes about 30 minutes.

~Marganus
Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/25/2011 09:19 PM CDT
>>Well, in south barricade celps I stance 80 90 16, with just under 400 evasion, 400+ parry and only 300 shield before unbuffed. Even though I never block any attack with my shield (unless it's an open lawl) I'm still able to lock shield though it takes about 30 minutes.

I don't think shield really is the problem, it's parry. If everything is "fair" you should be able to use the same stance with a lower parry setting and be able to lock parry as well.

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Defense Exp Updates Clarification 03/25/2011 10:20 PM CDT
Oh, my evasion and parry lock in about 5 minutes, give or take. Just saying, for me anyways, the new system seems to be working, as I'm able to very slowly lock shield without having to actively stop attacks with it.