Shield Appraisal Suggestions 07/02/2010 01:47 PM CDT
>> I found the problem with the hindrance appraisal. The problem is NOT in the hindrance, but in the appraisal itself. I should be able to get this fixed later this evening.

O Honorable and Courageous Dart,

While you are poking around in Appraisal, I was wondering if you'd consider changing/improving shield appraisal to be a bit more informative, like armor appraisal.

It'd be nice if shield appraisal included the following three things which are already in armor appraisal:

1. Base stealth hindrance.
>> You are certain that it imposes an insignificant maneuvering hinderance and a light stealth hindrance.

2. Modified Evasion/Stealth hindrance if you were only wearing/carrying that shield.
>> If you were only wearing a gargoyle-hide shield your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be lightly hindered.

3. Overall evasion/stealth hindrance for all the armor and shields you are wearing/carrying.

And a fourth that is not in armor appraisal:

4. Some indication of what percentage of the Max Protection you can currently achieve based on your ranks. It's my understanding that everyone gets the base protection of the shield, but you have to 'grow into' the Max protection, based on your ranks of Shield Usage.

The first three I'd really like to see, since it's already in armor appraisal. The fourth would be a nice treat, since there is currently no way to know what amount of a shield's full protection one can currently achieve.

Thanks for all your hard work! :-)

A sample appraisal is below:

You are certain that it imposes a low maneuvering hindrance and a light stealth hindrance.

This shield is small in size.

You are certain that the shield offers low to good protection. But considering your ability to use shields, the shield can currently offer you moderate protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
heavy impact damage

You are certain that the shield is fairly balanced and is poorly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

If you were only wearing an ironwood shield your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be lightly hindered.

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently lightly hindered and your stealth is fairly hindered.

You are certain that the ironwood shield is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the ironwood shield can be worn on the left arm.
The ironwood shield feels light.
Re: Shield Appraisal Suggestions 07/02/2010 02:24 PM CDT
Don't know if it'll ever happen but all of them, especially the last suggestion, would be awesome.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance