Plate Gauntlets 01/24/2013 11:35 AM CST
Since the recent change, I've searched high and low in armor shops. All gauntlets, from Theren down to Shard, at least, that were in the Heavy Plate class, are now Brigandine. Is this supposed to be accurate? Is forging now the only way to acquire a pair of true plate gauntlets?
Re: Plate Gauntlets 01/24/2013 02:54 PM CST
Most shops sold neutral plate before :yuck: and so they'll downgrade to brig. I'll put it on the list to revamp our shops to Tier 2-3 while we're at it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Plate Gauntlets 02/24/2013 03:20 PM CST
Try Banthelds's Ironworks in Haven. They sold non neutral plate and chain pieces for all body parts and after 3.0 they are separated into brigandine and plate. The chain is obviously no longer differentiated since the combine.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Bantheld's_Ironworks
Re: Plate Gauntlets 03/03/2013 08:26 PM CST
>Most shops sold neutral plate before :yuck: and so they'll downgrade to brig. I'll put it on the list to revamp our shops to Tier 2-3 while we're at it.

I'm a little confused on this, in regards to crafting anyway: There's no "gauntlet" template under Brigandine products, does that mean it isn't possible to create "gauntlets" that teach Brigandine?

Similarly I have "lamellar plate", that teaches Brigandine:

The lamellar plate is brigandine armor.

My understanding is that there's also no crafted "plate" that appraises as Brigandine, is there?

Does this mean the old neutral plate that teaches Brigandine is just kind of a exception now? Or will there be templates with those descriptors that teach Brigandine? Or are there products under "plate armor design" that teach brigandine?

-Dekarion
Re: Plate Gauntlets 03/04/2013 01:30 AM CST
>>There's no "gauntlet" template under Brigandine products, does that mean it isn't possible to create "gauntlets" that teach Brigandine?

Correct. Only plate has gauntlets right now in crafting. Not sure if we'll add brigandine gauntlets. Its just a noun, the adjective is generally what signifies the type of armor in crafting 3.0.

>>Similarly I have "lamellar plate", that teaches Brigandine:

Old stuff in 2.0 crossed the streams. Nothing we can do about that except move on. You probably won't see lamellar plate in crafting 3.0.

>>My understanding is that there's also no crafted "plate" that appraises as Brigandine, is there?

Correct. In 3.0 (so far) Plate is light plate, plate, heavy plate and massive plate. Brigandine is scale, brigandine or lamellar.

>>Does this mean the old neutral plate that teaches Brigandine is just kind of a exception now?

Yup, more than likely it will be the exception to the rule.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Plate Gauntlets 03/04/2013 11:01 AM CST
>>>There's no "gauntlet" template under Brigandine products, does that mean it isn't possible to create "gauntlets" that teach Brigandine?

>Correct. Only plate has gauntlets right now in crafting. Not sure if we'll add brigandine gauntlets. Its just a noun, the adjective is generally what signifies the type of armor in crafting 3.0.

>>>Similarly I have "lamellar plate", that teaches Brigandine:

>Old stuff in 2.0 crossed the streams. Nothing we can do about that except move on. You probably won't see lamellar plate in crafting 3.0.

>>>My understanding is that there's also no crafted "plate" that appraises as Brigandine, is there?

>Correct. In 3.0 (so far) Plate is light plate, plate, heavy plate and massive plate. Brigandine is scale, brigandine or lamellar.

>>>Does this mean the old neutral plate that teaches Brigandine is just kind of a exception now?

>Yup, more than likely it will be the exception to the rule.

That was very helpful! Thanks for clearing that up!

-Dekarion