Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 01:30 PM CST
I guess I will be pumping a little more into these. With 30 stamina my 31 stone scimitar is causing a lot of fatigue problems. I can only imagine what it's like for the heavier weapons. I must say I am enjoying the combat though, just very different.

Karnas
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 01:33 PM CST
I've got 60 stamina and greatswords and the like can still drain my stamina fast when I'm swinging non-stop. I like it though, actually is incentive to train strength and stamina to high degrees.
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 01:51 PM CST

Are you using fatigue-heavy moves like draw, sweep, and chop? That could be the problem. With only 22 stam I've been doing fine by using lighter, balance-building attacks followed by slice, slice, slice.
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 01:53 PM CST
>>Are you using fatigue-heavy moves like draw, sweep, and chop? That could be the problem. With only 22 stam I've been doing fine by using lighter, balance-building attacks followed by slice, slice, slice.

Draw, slice, chop, repeat

It doesn't matter though, Avalanche Berserk keeps me good regardless.
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 02:06 PM CST
>> It doesn't matter though, Avalanche Berserk keeps me good regardless.

He was talking to OP.

OP: Read up on the combat maneuvers. They each draw fatique differently. I was tanking my fatigue with a LE until I figured out what the heck was going on. Epedia has a great section on it.
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 02:10 PM CST
The lower damage moves take forever to kill everything (at least with 30 strength). With 140 ME as a trader I used to slice my way through swain as fast as I wanted. It's a much slower process and they will dodge/parry occasionally (with a 7 second rate on my end as well, ouch!) I play a Dwarven Trader and had no intention of ever raising strength or stamina past 30. I am now considering pushing stamina up a bit. I think this will also increase the demand for different types of forged weapons based on peoples strength and stamina which is always a good thing. Like I said though I am enjoying combat and paying attention to it a lot more now. The only negative is having to rework a lot of scripts.

Karnas
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/21/2013 02:15 PM CST
<<OP: Read up on the combat maneuvers. They each draw fatique differently. I was tanking my fatigue with a LE until I figured out what the heck was going on. Epedia has a great section on it.>>

Yeah I've been reading Epedia quite a bit the past few days. When I use the lower damaging moves I get a ton of good/light hits (which takes forever). I guess it's just an incentive to grab a courage before hunting.

Karnas
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/25/2013 08:50 AM CST
I might be wrong, but I believe that attacking immediately after some moves imparts additional penalties to fatigue/balance.

My barb with 35 strength can swing a broadsword or hammer forever if I circle between swings. I think you just need to space your attacks out a touch more.
Re: Strength and Stamina 01/26/2013 02:28 AM CST
Not a penalty. If you wait a few moments after the weapon RT ends you regenerate 2/3rds the fatigue used in that attack.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes