Question 01/04/2010 09:42 AM CST
For general hunting use I'm currently using a lightweight heavy-slice scimitar. I was curious some years back a friend of mine Azogabaduzl had given one of my toons a heavier great(I think) puncture sabre. When I get a bit more str/agi/stam are the stabby MEs preferable in your average hunting situation?
Re: Question 01/04/2010 11:28 AM CST
Puncture is a very good attack, the problem with puncture attacks is that the ones that hit hard give up a lot of defense. But where you'd do okay damage on a slice you will do great damage on the lunge. Thrusts and Jabs don't do much damage but keep up good balance and defense.

Most puncture weapons have a great deal of balance which offsets it slightly.

You say, "I don't help your kind"
Necrobaby walks over and kicks you!
Necrobaby says, "Your more my kind than you are yours"
Re: Question 01/04/2010 02:52 PM CST
Unless I'm playing a thief and backstabbing with a 29 stone ME, I prefer slicers to jabbers. 33 stone heavy slice scim is my favorite ME weapon.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: Question 01/04/2010 11:15 PM CST
I use a jabber in PvP, but in the normal course of hunting it's always a slicer.
Re: Question 01/05/2010 12:08 PM CST
>I use a jabber in PvP, but in the normal course of hunting it's always a slicer.

I use jabbers on parrying/shield using critters.
Re: Question 01/14/2010 12:47 PM CST
You can get a foil I think that will well balanced but its fair puncture and its a crap ME. If you plan to stab get a forged sabre IMO, if you want to pvp/hunt an Iltesh is nice because you can cycle through the feint/draw/sweep/slice/chop/lunge/thrust/jab combo...once again this is just my opinion.