Median Winged Axe 05/26/2009 08:47 PM CDT
A median-winged axe is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

You estimate that it could do:
low puncture damage
fair slice damage
low impact damage

You think it is likely that the axe is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the median-winged axe is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The median-winged axe is made with metal.
The median-winged axe has a bit of weight to it.
(mama's weighs it at 100 stones)
You are certain that the median-winged axe is worth exactly 393 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Is this classified right?

If there were no cost or sacrifice involved, there wouldn't be any benefits worth learning, and the entire system would be pointless. --GM Wythor

These statements were not endorsed or made by a GM and may be completely irrealavent to game play.
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/26/2009 11:31 PM CDT
If that's one of the weapons from Stone Clan, don't even bother. They're all junk.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/27/2009 08:07 AM CDT
>Is this classified right?

l/f/l... about par for storebought ME axe. The weights a little crazy. The other ME axe from stone clan weighs 100 stone as well, btw.
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/27/2009 09:11 AM CDT
IIRC weapon classes are actually based on volume rather than mass dispite being classified as "heavy" or "light". It's likely that the axe is made of a very dense material making it excessivly heavy while remaining in the "medium volume" weapon class.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/27/2009 09:50 AM CDT
>>IIRC weapon classes are actually based on volume rather than mass dispite being classified as "heavy" or "light". It's likely that the axe is made of a very dense material making it excessivly heavy while remaining in the "medium volume" weapon class.

Honestly, there is little rhyme or reason to some of the older items. Feel free to mention whatever shop this is in the appropriate provincial folder, if it is stoneclan I'd also drop a note to the dwarven folks. If one of those persons is interested in seeing it revamped we can certainly take a strong look at that.

GM Oolan Jeel

"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice."
- Richard Moore
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/28/2009 12:58 AM CDT
I'm honestly not sure where I got it from, it was kind of handed to me. But shouldn't the impact depend on the weight? Fair impact seems a bit of an understatement for 100 stone anything. Maybe that's one of the things smith new write can handle?

If I can find the word again, I can definitely go check though. Would that be in the dwarven racial folder or somewhere else?

If there were no cost or sacrifice involved, there wouldn't be any benefits worth learning, and the entire system would be pointless. --GM Wythor

These statements were not endorsed or made by a GM and may be completely irrealavent to game play.
Re: Median Winged Axe 05/28/2009 05:57 AM CDT
that weight would be a beast with the pummel command

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Median Winged Axe 06/04/2009 04:00 PM CDT
>Honestly, there is little rhyme or reason to some of the older items.

Yeah, the ironhill weapons from dirge are like this as well. The combat equipment compendium would be a good guide if you are considering looking into this stuff.