Best store bought ME 04/02/2008 12:31 PM CDT
I have a forged scimitar and I use it constantly, but I always wondered what is the best ME out there in the stores?

Qivalon~
Re: Best store bought ME 04/02/2008 12:38 PM CDT
For backstabing - vicious rapier from dirge or acid-etched sabre from shard
The Rapier has great balance but is flimsy. the acid-etched sabre has mod construct so is durable (for places like gargs or rock guardians).

For slicing or other - Hanger is always fun, so is an itlesh. most store bought slicers tend to be above the 35 stone mark

Kinda depends on what you want it for.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Best store bought ME 04/02/2008 01:14 PM CDT
Another really nice ME is the parang from Muspar'i: I got one of those for one of my baby clerics, and it hits like a ton of bricks! It's a slicer. I don't know what the weight is though.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Best store bought ME 04/02/2008 03:35 PM CDT
Here is my favorite

appraise ilt careful
A razor-edged dueling iltesh is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
moderate slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the iltesh is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the dueling iltesh is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The dueling iltesh is made with metal.
You guess that the dueling iltesh probably weighs a few tens of stones.
You are certain that the dueling iltesh is worth exactly 12000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
>

Traders get it from the Muspari shop. Another good one is the razor edged cutlass from somewhere near Shard.

Thanks,
Kleis