Forged ME 08/29/2007 02:39 AM CDT
Apparently I have odd playing times, I can't seem to track down a trader who has a good scimitar. Weight isn't an issue. Anyone willing to make me a capped scim if I come get it from you and pay you for the time?

DRathanasius - aim
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 07:55 AM CDT
I don't know what your stats look like, but if you've got more agility than strength (or better agility boosters) you should really consider a sabre. There's a 29 stone sabre that's got heavy puncture, reasonable balance, fair strength, fairly sturdy. They're better than a scimitar for parrying, and the combo is pretty nice, it's just not quite as "set it and forget it" as the slice combo.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 11:29 AM CDT
where can I get said sabre? and what is the combo?
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 12:29 PM CDT
Parry: Feint, Lunge, Thrust, Jab is the basic combo to use. Alter it according to your situation. I usually add in another Thrust, Jab at the end of it the start over at Feint. Be aware that Lunge gives a very large defensive penalty, so if you are in a mutli-opponent situation, or are fighting someone or something that you are just barely fending off, use Feint Lunge instead.

Also, try Feint from Pole Range. Charging, from what I've experienced, is based off of puncture damage. You'll like the results. Following it up with a Lunge will usually leave the target stunned.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 05:18 PM CDT
I'm fairly certain you wouldn't regret a 29 stone sabre purchase. I got mine from Drevid and love it. Drevid also will replace a broken weapon, so that's always a plus. Don't know where that Tog's hanging out nowadays

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 05:37 PM CDT
<<Don't know where that Tog's hanging out nowadays

Anything I make you can get through Ahnoui in Crossing. If she doesn't have it in stock. Just ask for it and she'll message me or you can message me via AIM @ DrevidDR.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 06:25 PM CDT
In the catagory of ignorant ME users you will find my name listed.

Drevid, what weapon would you suggest? I have one of your 18 stone scims but it seems pretty easy to damage. I'd like somthing that hits as hard and is fairly sturdy. It also just occured to me that the ability to parry may be impared by a heavier weapon and I find this ability to be essential at melee
Re: Forged ME 08/29/2007 06:41 PM CDT
18 stone scimitar is fairly sturdy constructed. 26 is average strength. 31 is moderately strong. If you went sabre the 18 is well constructed. 26 and 29 are fairly sturdy. If you want give me an IM at DrevidDR. Easier then talking here.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Re: Forged ME 08/30/2007 05:45 AM CDT
Should anyone be interested in knowing. I ended up with the 29 stone sabre. It takes a little more work to keep balanced but it's a lot sturdier and the construction is very sturdy. thanks to drevid for all the help and for taking the time to make it. Sorry about getting you arrested.
Re: Forged ME 08/30/2007 06:13 AM CDT
You can also check out her catalog here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJAlRZGv_50jH9-ExMghJKg&gid=14

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Forged ME Axes 06/07/2009 12:07 PM CDT
Don't know a whole lot about what can be forged, but wondering if an ME Axe could be forged. If so, I'm looking for something with pretty high impact, weight doesn't matter to me. Thank you.
Re: Forged ME Axes 06/09/2009 04:25 AM CDT
There is a hand axe template, but IIRC they compare pretty badly with scimitars.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Forged ME Axes 06/09/2009 07:48 AM CDT
>There is a hand axe template, but IIRC they compare pretty badly with scimitars.

Axes, storebought or forged, ALL compare pretty badly with other weapons in the same class. There really is no reason to use any axe, other than for RP purposes.

I sincerely hope this gets addressed with the oncoming combat and/or forging changes.
Re: Forged ME Axes 06/09/2009 02:19 PM CDT
Agreed, unless you're fighting something where impact damage is paramount.