Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 12:56 AM CDT
exactly how does one of these work? it was my understanding that the more ranks you have in ME the better the app on the blade. but now somebody is telling me it changes your stats not the weapons app. Please advise. Thanks

Tars
Re: Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 01:00 AM CDT
I believe a mirror blade's balance/suitedness increases with your ME skill but the damage stats stay the same... Not positive.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 01:19 AM CDT
Mirror blades stats don't go up with ME usage. They reflect your agi/str. Hence the name. I'm not totally sure on the exact numbers, but I think this is correct.

at 20 str/agi the blade will be fairly/fairly
at 35 str/agi the blade will go to reasonably/reasonably
and at 50 str/agi it goes to well/well.

I seem to remember it going at 15 point increments. But I forget what the starting point it.

-Wighten
Re: Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 01:24 AM CDT
but it is the APP that changes with the stats not the stats themselves right??
Re: Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 01:26 AM CDT
the suitedness and balance of the BLADE are reflected by your stats. The more str/agi you get, the better the blade will be, yes. The blade changes.

-Wighten
Re: Mirror Blade 09/08/2005 11:04 AM CDT
<<the suitedness and balance of the BLADE are reflected by your stats. The more str/agi you get, the better the blade will be, yes. The blade changes.

and has nothing to do with ME skill.

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 12:04 AM CDT
If you ever plan on even thinking at some time of perhaps trying to parry, don't bother with this weapon as it's crappy.

I am --- Navak
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 05:33 AM CDT
Ponder.. crappy parry? not when dancing and getting excellent/excellent. With higher ME skills and against things that do not damage weapons it is wonderful for parry! I use it all the time in celpeze, but would not think to use it on a garg or stone guardian.

Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss

www.play.net/dr/info/guilds/barb.asp
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 10:55 AM CDT
Wait.
Magdar says it's related to ME. Someone said it isn't. Rar?

So I asked this God a question
and by way of firm reply,
He said: "I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays".
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 11:34 AM CDT
Perhaps Navak's crappy parry comment is a result of the construction of the mirror blade. I have been looking for one for a while now. However, I would hate to have that thing snap on me. Magdar brings up a great point in knowing the critter you hunt and how it damages items before pulling out the mirror blade.

Trebber

Your mech lore ranks could care less if the paper is blue or plain.
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 02:06 PM CDT
Ok as a summary:

The stats of a mirror blade are as a result of your strength and agility.

Crappy parry = the fact that the mirror blades construction is crap and they are known to snap like the neck of a goblin brawling against Gurt.

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 02:19 PM CDT
But, when you get big enough, and hunt smartly, it allows for great parrying... but it still breaks easy, so don't use it on critters that damage stuff.
Re: Mirror Blade 09/09/2005 10:50 PM CDT
Until how weapons receive damage is changed so impact isn't the only damaging factor...but yeah I'd still say it's a poor choice unless you have the money to burn like Magdar.

Maybe I just have a built-in hatred for mirror blades since they've been used to kill Navak a few times.

I am --- Navak
Re: Mirror Blade 09/11/2005 06:59 AM CDT
The more skill you have in medium weapons, the less likely you are to damage ANY Medium Edged weapon on a parry. Not Mirror Blade only, a general thing I have noticed.

Re: Mirror Blade 09/11/2005 07:01 AM CDT
Money to burn! ROFL.. I have many many cool things, I have very few plats any more!

Mirror Blade Stuff 06/11/2007 10:38 PM CDT
What are its base weapon properties, if you have that information offhand? I'm particularly interested in its slice and puncture, and testimonials on if it is better, with 40 or 60+ stats, than other high end great puncture/slice medium edges.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com - The Sounds of Time
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner.xls - Personal Bard Planner
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/12/2007 07:46 AM CDT
fair mod low. I have used the lighter heavy sliced medium edged weapons and with 40 stats i think it's much better than those in my opinion. I do like my 46 stone scim as stated before, it seems to hit just a little harder but it seems i parry better with the mirrorblade and with it being well suited for strength my crits seem better too
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/12/2007 08:48 AM CDT
For the money I'd prefer a special metal weapon. For ME I use a glaes sabre that's great puncture and well balanced. I just can't bring myself to drop up to 10k plat (actually saw one on a table for that) on a weapon with Moderate slice.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/12/2007 04:19 PM CDT
Mirror blades pay off at high level when you have the strength and agility to make the most of them.

Oderint dum metuant.
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/18/2007 02:18 AM CDT
there's a few floating around in TF. I'll have to ask lamarque to let me APP his again, but I remember it being either superbly or excellently balanced for me. 40 str/60agi.

You are Furious Clamor Mibe Oyiee, Heartless, an Elothean [TF], & The Thief [PRIME].
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/18/2007 08:16 AM CDT
Excellent balance at 60. Superb at 80.

Oderint dum metuant.
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/18/2007 07:32 PM CDT
Does a mirror blade's damage rating increase with your Medium Edge skill? The reason I'm asking, is because currently I see...

A T'Kashi mirror blade is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
fair puncture damage
fair slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the blade is well balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the mirror blade is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

The mirror blade is made with metal.
You are certain that the mirror blade weighs exactly 24 stones.
You are certain that the mirror blade is worth exactly 50000 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

I am seeing that at 54 ranks in ME. Before 50 ranks, I saw low slice damage, and I have seen those with higher ME skill appraise these blades at moderate slice damage. My appraisal is around 400.

__
~Leilond, the one who is obsessed with power.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leilondsootherin.png
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/19/2007 01:23 AM CDT
It was my understanding that mirror weapons' damage statistics were static. I'm not sure, though. Kaled would likely know the definite answer to this.

Fuquois
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/19/2007 07:09 AM CDT
I had thought that Mirror Blades mirrored your strength? and agility? Anyway it's stats not ME skill from what I understand

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Mirror Blade Stuff 06/19/2007 12:36 PM CDT
There's a little-known stat change with the Mirror blade that happens according to ME skill...mostly because not many people that have one have low ME skill. If i remember correctly, it starts at fair/fair, then moves to a jabber with mod/fair at 100 ranks or so, then a final change to a slicer with fair/mod at around 150. Either that or with the narrowing of fair-mod damage scale...it now just always appraises at fair/fair