Aldauth scythe-blade 07/26/2004 03:50 PM CDT
This is the app I get comparing it to a standard Rufhelous 21 stone broadsword.

You are certain that the broadsword is a little stronger than the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You are certain that the broadsword is a little more balanced than the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You are certain that the broadsword is a little less suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength than the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You are certain that the broadsword does about as much puncture damage as the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You are certain that the broadsword does about as much slice damage as the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You are certain that the broadsword does about as much impact damage as the Aldauth scythe-blade.
You guess that the broadsword weighs less than the Aldauth scythe-blade.

(I don't have enough app yet to get it clean)

Now, this is what Indigoe says the stats should be ...

Alduath Scythe-blade 31 ME Low Moderate Low Fairly Fairly FS

Something does not look right to me. The scythe-blade hits just like my broadsword did at those ranks, (HE 129, ME 117) not like Indigoe's stats. I.e. it's hitting like I'm appraising it.

Anyways. Was there another version of this blade made, like the Iltesh? Also, I've heard it has some unusual characteristcs, so if anyone wouldn't mind passing them along, I'd really appreciate it. I'm really enjoying using it ... lots more fun than my sabre and goes through hatchings the same way my broadsword does. (Actually it's the best ME I've ever gotten to play with, at least insofar as weight/damage goes, so it's not for sale.)

Vale
Re: Aldauth scythe-blade 07/26/2004 04:53 PM CDT
It was not permablessed, as everyone thinks it was. It was just sold with blesses on it. And I could well be wrong but I don't think it was ever even sold more than once.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=schlep
perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/25/2009 11:36 AM CDT
I have two of these and both have lost their blesses...is there a trick to them?

Thanks
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/25/2009 12:25 PM CDT
<<I have two of these and both have lost their blesses...is there a trick to them?>>

Maybe the trick is that they were never permanently blessed and you'll need to have someone cast the bless spell on them again.

Just one point of view.

- Simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF3t7cFPoc
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/25/2009 12:40 PM CDT
>Maybe the trick is that they were never permanently blessed and you'll need to have someone cast the bless spell on them again.

Yeah, I've never heard of perma-bless and I used to own a few of those Alduath scythe-blades before creatures decided to destroy them.
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/25/2009 03:25 PM CDT
<< Yeah, I've never heard of perma-bless and I used to own a few of those Alduath scythe-blades before creatures decided to destroy them. >>

Perma-bless definately exists. I used to own a perma-blessed weapon, there was a merchent who perma-blessed at the Feast of Eleund, a total of 10 people got them, I am unaware if any time before or after that merchent however that perma blesses were given out. The catch to these particular ones is that they were destroyed if you used them on anything other then undead. Anyway, at one point at least 10 perma blessed weapons did exist.
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/25/2009 03:27 PM CDT
There were some perma-blessed weapons from a long, long time ago. Pre-web, I think. I doubt any still exist.

-Golgol
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 09:57 AM CDT
well I've had them for years and they have never run out...both ran out at the same time...I did not see any announcements that any mechanics were changed...am hoping a GM will jump in here and tell me if I should assist on it or not
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 11:20 AM CDT
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it might be related to the imbue/crossbow bolt change. This should probably be in a bug folder, but I'd also try assisting.
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 11:46 AM CDT
sounds like it could be...I bugged it and will assist as well...thanks for the idea
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 11:53 AM CDT
>>sounds like it could be...I bugged it and will assist as well...thanks for the idea

Are they thrown? If so I'd definately lean towards them having the perma bless stripped with the change.
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 12:53 PM CDT

>>Are they thrown?>>

Nope, scythe-blades are just ME's. Other than the actual merchant at the FoE who perma-blessed weapons, before then I could've sworn there were glitches to both perma-bless and perma-Divine Armor weapons/armor. If it was the case where mechanics abuse was involved with the permanent blessing of those weapons, the recent change to empowerment could have stripped those as well.
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 03:18 PM CDT
I've owned a lot of scythe-blades over the years and I've never had one that was perma-blessed.

My money is on bug that this change fixed somehow.

Rev. Reene

"...[gods] are symbols in a way that no human being, however 'archetypal', can ever be. They are actors playing parts that are real only for us; they are the masks behind which we see our own faces."
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 03:43 PM CDT
>>My money is on bug that this change fixed somehow.

I would have to agree with you, my dearest Caelumia.

- Korsik Rippentropp, Most Noble Paladine

Crusader against the Innocent
Defender of All That is Wrong in Elanthia
Re: perma blessed Aldauth scythe-blade 08/26/2009 04:30 PM CDT
Aww Korski, you're so sweet. <3

Rev. Reene

"...[gods] are symbols in a way that no human being, however 'archetypal', can ever be. They are actors playing parts that are real only for us; they are the masks behind which we see our own faces."