Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 11:51 AM CDT
So I purchased 7 volumes of Tyrium, and was looking to have a SE crafted, preferably a ME version. I find the information on pedia to be unclear (mainly due to lack of more weight examples) and so am having trouble deciding what to have made.

I wan't something I will be happy with for a long time, and although I don't have any capped stats, they will one day be up there. Currently:

50 STR and 40 AGI (keep capped Benediction in my OM so those are more like 60 & 48)

I could likely snag another volume or two if need be, but would like to keep it at 7 if possible.

I have instructions for a serrated iltesh so that is also on the table.

Any advice on what I should have made? Please and Thank You.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 11:53 AM CDT
serrated iltesh is good for balance, cutlass would be your best bet in tyrium, and will grow nicely with strength.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:10 PM CDT
Knowing what little I do know about crafting - I was eyeing the cutlass. Basically I was taking the entire line and just adding it up (since I don't really know any better)

cutlass was 4/10/8 4 4 10 (total: 40) - Weight 47-48
serrated iltesh was 9/8/5 3 7 6 (total: 38) - Weight 48

Light throwing axe 3/10/7 4 5 7 (total: 36) - Weight 40-41 (heaviest listed but "rare" lists heavier)

I tossed in the axe just because I hear good things about them (I don't currently use LT though)
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:25 PM CDT
>>Knowing what little I do know about crafting - I was eyeing the cutlass. Basically I was taking the entire line and just adding it up (since I don't really know any better)

It really depends on what you want (also if you want to chat via AIM feel free to reach out to me at Fool422)

7 Volumes of Tyrium equates to 10 volumes of weapon if its pure.

With 10 volumes of weapon you can do a lot, if your only concern is "Best Melee ME" the cutlass is the way to go. This also leaves you with 3 volumes of weighted tyrium that you could use to turn into a telek or hawkbill or try to resell.

For "Most Versitale ME" I think the light throwing axe is the clear winner. It's a beast with thrown and perfectly acceptable to swing in melee as well.

If backstab is a concern then you'd have to mix the tyrium slightly differently (density to 5 instead of weighting it to 7.5) so you might not have such great metal left if you mix all 7 volumes. The thrusting blade template is a pretty clear backstab winner. The telek is also awesome for SE backstab.

I can give you apps for most of those if they're not on the wiki via AIM.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:39 PM CDT
>> 7 Volumes of Tyrium equates to 10 volumes of weapon if its pure.

You are certain that the tyrium bar has a quality of 99, placing it at 'extremely pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a hardness of 99, placing it at 'absurdly hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a workability of 40, placing it at 'somewhat challenging to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has an electrical resistance of 70, placing it at 'not a very good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a thermal resistance of 70, placing it at 'not very good at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a physical resistance of 99, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the tyrium bar has a ductility of 40, placing it at 'somewhat ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:41 PM CDT
Keep in mind when giving a "total value" score that like values are actually a range. On the back end, the "scores" are generally meant to be balanced when it comes to volume/density values. The only exception might be rare/limited use patterns.

I also don't know if I'd include Force of Impact in the score, because AFAIK that's really just an offshoot of the impact stat mixed with how effective the template uses FoI.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:43 PM CDT
Just as an aside none of the stats you provided would indicate if it's pure or not, but since it's in bar form I'd be surprised if it isn't.

That said, having someone with the Master Metallurgy tech analyze it would tell you the ingot's composition, or deeding it and seeing if there's a line that says MAMAS verified it as pure.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 12:45 PM CDT
>> Just as an aside none of the stats you provided would indicate if it's pure or not, but since it's in bar form I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Good to know
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 01:17 PM CDT
>>Keep in mind when giving a "total value" score that like values are actually a range. On the back end, the "scores" are generally meant to be balanced when it comes to volume/density values. The only exception might be rare/limited use patterns.

Yes, use the highest volume templates available unless you need something specific (like a backstabber). As far as I know there are no rare/limited pattern ME weapons.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 01:26 PM CDT
>>As far as I know there are no rare/limited pattern ME weapons.

AFAIK the serrated iltesh has better stats than the iltesh, but it's not world-changing.

Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 02:11 PM CDT
>>AFAIK the serrated iltesh has better stats than the iltesh, but it's not world-changing.

I went digging and ya, the serrated khopesh and serrated iltesh both probably eek out a cutlass / regular iltesh for "best ME"
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 02:15 PM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Squanto%27s_rare_metal_weapons

Check out all the appraisals under Small Edged.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 03:27 PM CDT
Damage scales with strength and suitability. Over time, you'll make up for lack of balance with agility and weapon skill. This will be a weapon you grow into, but can also use now. Find/trade your serrated iltesh instructions for some serrated khopesh instructions if you can (12-excellently suited @ 48 stones is amazing). If not, the cutlass/hand axe/hatchet/shotel template (10-v. well suited @ 48 stones) is your next best bet. These choices will also have the best resale value among small edge weapons, in case you change your mind you could sell the weapon and buy more tyrium.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 04:51 PM CDT

I do like the stats on the Serrated Khopesh - and would likely go with that one if I can find the instructions - either for sale - or for trade (will trade the Serrated Iltesh instructions for them)
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 05:31 PM CDT
Alright - well the Tyrium Serrated Khopesh is in the works now.

Curious what one of these would typically sell for (mainly to know if I got skunked or got a good deal on all my mats)
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 05:39 PM CDT

>ap kho careful
A tyrium serrated khopesh is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A tyrium serrated khopesh trains the small edged skill.

You are certain that it could do:
low (3/27) puncture damage
very heavy (10/27) slice damage
heavy (9/27) impact damage
no (0/27) fire damage
no (0/27) cold damage
no (0/27) electric damage

The serrated khopesh is fairly (5/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the khopesh is dismally (2/17) balanced and is excellently (12/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the serrated khopesh is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The serrated khopesh is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a quality of 99, placing it at 'extremely pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a hardness of 99, placing it at 'absurdly hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a workability of 40, placing it at 'somewhat challenging to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has an electrical resistance of 70, placing it at 'not a very good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a thermal resistance of 70, placing it at 'not very good at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a physical resistance of 99, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated khopesh has a ductility of 40, placing it at 'somewhat ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the serrated khopesh weighs exactly 48 stones.
You are certain that the serrated khopesh is worth about 6022500 Kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 05:48 PM CDT
Market rate on raw tyrium is around 2,800 platinum kronars per volume right now. I expect that to drop during Hollow Eve.
Re: Help! SE to have crafted 10/19/2016 07:04 PM CDT

>> Market rate on raw tyrium is around 2,800 platinum kronars per volume right now. I expect that to drop during Hollow Eve.

That makes me feel good - I'm only invested in about 10k total