Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/27/2008 02:42 PM CDT
Post Jambiya, once you have coin...everyone offers Short Swords. For Jabbing the best and most common option is that Mod Punc/Reasonably Balanced Short Sword.

What about a Stiletto? Or a Misericorde? Or even a dagger?

Essentially something using normal metals, with Fair Puncture and Excellent Balance?

I heard these are possible. Yes a little on the weak side but if you're more into agility than strength then its solid.

Next question is that I heard with Rare metals its possible to forge a Stiletto with Moderate Puncture and Excellent Balance...What about Superb Balance? Basically what are the known caps?

If someone whats to safe guard this info I understand but if you're a forger, see this questions as from a customer.

And if you're selling hit me a pigeon @ Waingro1138

Salut

"Failure is not our only punishment for laziness: there is also the success of others."
Jules Renard
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/29/2008 07:00 PM CDT
Wow thanks for all the responses.

At least I didn't get a "use a Jambiya" post.

I found out all I needed from some forgers which concludes that for jabbing/backstab:

Briqs are overrated.

Forged Stiletto's are actually badass if you run more agility than strength.

Forged Misicordes are catastrophic in how bad they are.

Forging Light Edge templates are a trainwreck

"Failure is not our only punishment for laziness: there is also the success of others."
Jules Renard
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/30/2008 12:10 AM CDT
Just so you know..

Got a stiletto with fair puncture and excellent balance.

Also got the popular short sword with moderate/reasonable.

My agility is 26 and my strength is 11 on a young thief ive recently started replaying.

So far the S.S is outperforming the stiletto i THINK. Not to say the stiletto isn't good, its almost too close to tell.
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/30/2008 10:58 AM CDT
I have messed with several different types of weapons and I have found that balance is better then damage for my playing style. My favorite weapon is a kastneth. I got a stilleto that is just a step below the kastneth in appraisal but only when comparing them.

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/30/2008 11:49 AM CDT
Where do you get a kastneth? How does it appraise and what's the origin of it? I need a new puncture light edge.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/30/2008 12:32 PM CDT
Kastneth is terrible for everything except backstabbing.

That being said, fair puncture, excellent balance, somewhat flimsy, from Kaihiziduk's wagon at (Shard and Theren maybe?) fests.

It's been my experience that moderate puncture LEs (briquet, shortswords) work better when young, and the more skilled and more agility you get, the more the excellent balance pulls ahead.
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/30/2008 07:33 PM CDT
*It's been my experience that moderate puncture LEs (briquet, shortswords) work better when young, and the more skilled and more agility you get, the more the excellent balance pulls ahead.*

That was my prediction when testing the stiletto vs. short sword. I would imagine with more agility the level of puncture becomes less important in comparison.

Good to know I should hold on to the fair/excellent stilleto as it will surpass the S.S.
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/31/2008 01:30 AM CDT
I'd like to buy one of these forged stilettos, who sells them?
Re: Forged Stilettos and Cap Questions... 03/31/2008 01:56 AM CDT
Mekage sells them for 10 plat a piece.

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN