HE Measurements 01/22/2012 02:45 AM CST
Was looking for a new HE that would fit in that blessing backsheath, so made some to measure.
The Ratha Spatha is the one from the weapon shop, just thought I would toss that in to compare to the crafted one.
Each template seems to have a standard measurement. Did not fully craft all four items, so maybe there is a surprise in there.
With the exception of the Spatha, Arzfilt and Longsword, all were under oustanding. Most really under exceptional. Needless to say I have less Covellite now...
WeaponLengthWidthHeight
Ratha Spatha811
Arzfilt811
Spatha811
Longsword811
Robe-Sword831
Falchion831
Schiavona831
Battle-Axe831
Nimsha921
Back-Sword921
Dagasse811
Cinquedea811

Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 06:19 AM CST
I am very curious about that backsheath. Will a standard 60ish-stone bastard sword fit?
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 06:19 AM CST
>>I am very curious about that backsheath. Will a standard 60ish-stone bastard sword fit?

And is it wide enough for blunts?
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 07:27 AM CST
You are certain that the backsheath's interior length measures twelve spans, are certain that the backsheath's interior width measures two spans and are certain that the backsheath's interior height measures one span.
You believe that the backsheath's interior carrying capacity is about eighty stones.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 07:47 AM CST
>>You are certain that the backsheath's interior length measures twelve spans, are certain that the backsheath's interior width measures two spans and are certain that the backsheath's interior height measures one span.

Two spans thick. I'm assuming you couldn't fit a blunt then?
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 09:01 AM CST
I would suggest measuring your blunt and comparing.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 11:15 AM CST

My crafted steel throwing hammer would not fit in it. Kodius mentioned that the measurements, like everything else, are a range.

You compare your throwing hammer with the detailed yardstick several times and are certain the length measures six spans, the width measures two spans and the height measures one span.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

The back-sword and nimsha did fit inside it.
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 11:25 AM CST
>>My crafted steel throwing hammer would not fit in it. Kodius mentioned that the measurements, like everything else, are a range.

Thanks, this is actually exactly what I was wondering about, a forged throwing hammer. Sucks that it won't fit.
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 01:25 PM CST
The old basties fit in them, not sure of the new.
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 01:27 PM CST
My old bastard sword fits into it, on 1/21/12 they did some changing of its size, something seemed buggy from the details I gave in an assist, so it got changed, and then something I thought wouldn't make it my bastard sword did, and still does.

The thing I noticed odd is the nimbus seems to display randomly, from under a minute apart to several minutes apart. Still trying to get a cleric to try and figure out if he can determine a rate, and if it is at the nimbus or some internal thing.

Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 01:49 PM CST
[13:38] New Rank: first aid.
[13:40] Bless Charge
[13:45] Bless Charge
[13:50] Bless Charge
[13:55] Bless Charge
[14:02] Bless Charge
[14:07] Bless Charge
[14:12] Bless Charge
[14:17] Bless Charge
[14:29] Bless Charge
[14:36] Bless Charge
[14:41] New Rank: knowledge of arcana.
[14:41] Bless Charge
[14:46] Bless Charge

The change at 14:17-14:29 was me playing with the weapon a bit.
I am not sure if the counter resets when you draw/stow it. One would figure so. As the pulse times were different yesterday before I logged out.
And it happily kept charging while I was dead.
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 04:14 PM CST
New basties fit in. Throwing hammers don't.

Eyuve rummages through a leather traveler's backpack with a frantic look of loss.
R>
A nimbus of pure white light blossoms from the leather backsheath that you are wearing, then fades away.

A nimbus of pure white light blossoms from the leather backsheath that you are wearing, then fades away.
R>exhale cat
You exhale into your plain origami cat's mouth, then with a tremendous "BANNGG!" smack it flat between your hands before tossing away the plain origami cat's tattered remains.

Sometimes my sheath glows twice in a row?
Re: HE Measurements 01/22/2012 07:04 PM CST
Yes, me two on the twice in a row, I've also had very close but not quite twice in a row.