Training Blade 03/18/2011 07:07 PM CDT
I'm looking for the crappiest HE blade I can find as things seem to be dieing too fast. I can replicate this setting my Attack stance but I am liable to forget I changed it.
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 07:31 PM CDT
>>I'm looking for the crappiest HE blade I can find as things seem to be dieing too fast. I can replicate this setting my Attack stance but I am liable to forget I changed it.

heh, interesting request, I would look for a low weight longsword. But most of those are going to be perfect steel and not really a bad weapon. Actually if you want a real crappy blade you could just go to the forge and make one, just throw a bunch of metal into it randomly, pound it into what you want, it will probably come out crappy. Most people don't keep their crappy blades.

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 07:36 PM CDT
Pounding out a crappy blade sounds like fun too. :) I will give that a shot tonight.
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 07:55 PM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WeaponQuery

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 08:42 PM CDT
If you're killing stuff too fast, you're probably underhunting a lot and would probably do better moving up.
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 08:43 PM CDT
Hmm the crappiest I can find is the enaml hilted longsword which still has fair impact. I will try the forging route then if fail get that sword. :)
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 08:58 PM CDT
I'll let you decide. I can't defensively handle two marauders.

Gypsy Marauder, dead within 4/5 attacks.
HE 112
Strength 33
Agility 28

You close to melee range on a gypsy marauder.
>atta
< Moving with incredible power and control, you step backward and then slice at a gypsy marauder. A gypsy marauder partially blocks with an ordinary shield. The spatha lands an extremely heavy hit that bites deeply into the left calf.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>
The gypsy marauder moves into a position to dodge.
R>atta
< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you sweep a skull-pommel spatha at a gypsy marauder. A gypsy marauder barely blocks with an ordinary shield. The spatha lands a strong hit that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R>
* With strength, a gypsy marauder feints to the side at you. You block with an emblazoned tower shield.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in better position.]
R>atta
< Moving in with powerful grace, you slice a skull-pommel spatha at a gypsy marauder. A gypsy marauder barely blocks with an ordinary shield. The spatha lands a massive strike that breaks the right femur and cleaves clean through the hamstring, lightly stunning it.
The marauder cries, "Whoops!" and trips, falling to the ground.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R>atta
...wait 1 seconds.
R>atta
The gypsy marauder attempts to stand but fails miserably.
>
< Moving like a striking snake, you step backward and then slice at a gypsy marauder. A gypsy marauder barely blocks with an ordinary shield. The spatha lands a massive strike that partially splits the sternum, snapping some ribs surrounding the heart.
The marauder stares ahead in disbelief before falling to the ground in a crumpled heap.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>
A troll just arrived!
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 09:17 PM CDT
>I'll let you decide. I can't defensively handle two marauders.

So...work your defenses without killing? Feint (attack) could work.

Or throwing in more weapons (any guild should be able to keep 2-3 weapons going at-level easily).

Granted, trolls and marauders aren't a prime choice for defensive training because they use weapons (or have I mixed up armed/unarmed critters again?) You can probably find better critters at the same level elsewhere.
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 09:22 PM CDT
>>Feint (attack) could work.
DUH completely forgot about feint! Thanks!
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 09:22 PM CDT
Try using FEINT <maneuver> on the heavy hitting maneuvers. The reduced damage might out-balance the reduced experience, letting you get more exp per critter, if not per minute.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 10:11 PM CDT
<<I'm looking for the crappiest HE blade I can find>>

I have two wooden sparring sword in my vault I would sell and I don't think you'll find any sword out there with worse stats.

A wooden sparring sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
dismal puncture damage
no slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is decently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the sparring sword is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

35 stones from MAMAS

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Training Blade 03/18/2011 10:47 PM CDT
Yamcer,
Thanks for the offer. The Feint suggestion cured my problem, thanks. :)
Re: Training Blade 03/19/2011 04:41 AM CDT
If you are killing too quick, you could always stance down your offense a bit and use the points you get (1 every 5) to stance up your defenses.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Transcendent Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Training Blade 04/30/2011 12:19 PM CDT
Yamcer,
You still have those crappy wooden swords. I'd like to buy one.
Re: Training Blade 04/30/2011 03:12 PM CDT
Yep still in my vault. IM me at YamcerDR or find my character hanging out in Shard.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF