question 05/22/2010 02:57 PM CDT
I'm not used to using bastard swords but are they not all swappable? I bought one from the war mage tent and it doesn't seem to be.
Re: question 05/22/2010 03:26 PM CDT
Very strange. Did you try swap my sword to get around the syntax? Or is it buggy?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: question 05/22/2010 03:43 PM CDT
When I appraised it on the rack, it only showed the HE form but assumed it was due to not buying one. Maybe it's bugged, and you might want to fill out a BUG report.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
Re: question 05/22/2010 05:34 PM CDT
Yeah ill do that. I figured id ask before I got all crazy. It just kept switching hands so I wanted to make sure I wasn't having a special moment before I followed up... I am prone to those.
Re: question 05/23/2010 11:14 AM CDT
What happens when you type "swap my sword" while holding it in your right hand?

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: question 05/23/2010 12:08 PM CDT
You do have to include the "my" otherwise you will just swap hands.
Re: question 05/23/2010 02:58 PM CDT
You don't necessarily need the MY, but like with many things in game, it will solve a lot of problems in case there's some other sword in the room.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: question 05/23/2010 05:42 PM CDT
Oh I see. I always use the my because if I leave it out it just switches hands. I just tried it now though and it worked without the my. Maybe it's because I shorten it to "swap my swo"?
Re: question 05/23/2010 09:53 PM CDT
>get my swor
With fluid and stealthy movements you draw an etched steel bastard sword from the backsheath concealed beneath your blue-tinted hauberk.
>swap my sword
You move an etched steel bastard sword to your left hand.

I bugged it IG.
Re: question 05/24/2010 01:34 AM CDT
https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=13&topic=8&message=6714

Maybe you should assist.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: question 05/26/2010 09:12 PM CDT
Try using wield/sheath instead of get/stow? I've seen some weapons perform oddly when treated without their weapon syntaxes.
Re: question 05/27/2010 06:06 PM CDT
I ended up assisting this morning and got it all fixed up. So anyone else that has one and has the same issue can get them fixed that way.