Best-balanced HE? 12/05/2009 11:50 PM CST
What is the best balance achievable on a forged bastard sword, with normal metals? And is there any HE with better balance than that?
Re: Best-balanced HE? 12/06/2009 12:02 AM CST
I'm not sure how it compares to foraged weapons, but I've always been impressed with the stats on the Outcast Bastard sword from past fests. It does have a hefty price tag though ~100 plats.

An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
great slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
You wonder if the bastard sword might weigh several tens of stones. (not sure on weight, heavier than typical foraged)
You are certain that the bastard sword is worth exactly 1363625 kronars.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Best-balanced HE? 12/06/2009 12:25 AM CST
The best balance you'll get is Reasonable.