Pole-Ranged? 11/26/2009 02:48 PM CST
Are there any pole-ranged heavy edged weapons? If so, where can I get one?

I've seen halberds appraise as pole-ranged, but I'd like to train pole HE weapon as that skill is one of my primaries.

Thanks,

-- Garthain Brithor
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/26/2009 03:07 PM CST
Fairly sure the reason you find halberds that are pole ranged are... they're a pole weapon.

Far as I know only pikes, halberds and 2HE exit as pole range weapons. Maybe 2HB - Not too familiar with that bread of weapon.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/26/2009 03:28 PM CST
There is one 2hb pole range weapon.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 12:21 AM CST
>There is one 2hb pole range weapon.

A giant war mallet with a forge-welded head is a two-handed edged pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the mallet is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A giant war mallet with a forge-welded head is a two-handed blunt pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
low slice damage
bone-crushing impact damage

You are certain that the mallet is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the war mallet is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The war mallet is made with metal.
The war mallet has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the war mallet is worth exactly 212000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

My favorite weapon of all time. Love it to death.
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 08:25 AM CST
That sounds really cool. How do I get my hands on one of those?

-- Garthain Brithor
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 02:58 PM CST
>>That sounds really cool. How do I get my hands on one of those?

You pray. They're pretty uncommon and those of us who own them value them a great deal.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 03:49 PM CST
I'm very happy Hanryu was willing to part with his. It smashes things like there's no tomorrow.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 04:06 PM CST
>I'm very happy Hanryu was willing to part with his. It smashes things like there's no tomorrow.

So you're the one who bought it from Hanryu before I got the chance? I was so mad. Luckily, I was able to buy one from Caelumia.

For everyone else, perhaps that merchant will return sometime. I hope so, because they have some other cool weapons that I'd love to pick up.
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 04:08 PM CST
While some people are trying to price-gouge for those mallets I've seen more than a few go for around 100pk. It's just a matter of finding a seller.

I sold mine for 80pk fyi, pretty sure Hanryu did too.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Khurek thinking, "Perhaps some of you should realize something is wrong with your argument when even the province's premier heretic is preaching against you."
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 04:21 PM CST
>>So you're the one who bought it from Hanryu before I got the chance? I was so mad. Luckily, I was able to buy one from Caelumia.

I am that *choose your own words here* guy. Yup.

>>I sold mine for 80pk fyi, pretty sure Hanryu did too.

Sounds right, was a fair price too.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 04:29 PM CST
Do those of you who use pole-ranged weapons train at pole range? I am just trying to understand the appeal.
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 05:32 PM CST
>>Do those of you who use pole-ranged weapons train at pole range? I am just trying to understand the appeal.

I don't, but I'm backtraining it, so I just sit at melee and rotate it with other weapons in swarmy areas. I don't use the 2HE side of it either, but I'm a fan of the 2HB.

Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 08:18 PM CST
My greatsword and khuj (halberd) often kill in 1-2 hits, so having the pole reach allows me to attack advancing creatures sooner. Plus you can ambush from pole range (and you don't charge even while advancing).
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/27/2009 08:33 PM CST
When using the giant war mallet as 2HB, it has a strong tendency to stun things and/or knock them down, preventing them from ever reaching melee. Kinda fun sometimes.
Re: Pole-Ranged? 11/28/2009 09:16 AM CST
<<you can ambush from pole range (and you don't charge even while advancing>>

Yes, that's one reason I'm looking for a good pole weapon.

<<When using the giant war mallet as 2HB, it has a strong tendency to stun things and/or knock them down, preventing them from ever reaching melee. Kinda fun sometimes.>>

Also a very fun part of combat when I'm not training defenses at the moment.

I'll keep my eye out for that war mallet, until then I suppose a greatsword (pole 2HE) will suffice for now.

Pole 2HB Weapons? other than the rare war mallet, anyone know of any other pole 2HB weapons by chance?

Thanks,

-- Garthain Brithor