Any opinions on Outcast engraved bastie? 01/02/2008 12:57 PM CST
<<An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
great slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
You are confident that the bastard sword might weigh a few tens of stones. (Yamcer posted 40 earlier)
You are confident that the bastard sword is worth exactly 1363625 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.>>

I know this was posted earlier, but I wanted to know if anyone else would chime in on their thoughts of this blade. Is it worth the 130 some-odd plats?
Re: Any opinions on Outcast engraved bastie? 01/02/2008 01:19 PM CST
>Is it worth the 130 some-odd plats?

If you like the look and have coin to spare.
Re: Any opinions on Outcast engraved bastie? 01/02/2008 02:30 PM CST
In Plat, I would kill to have it, but I don't have enough coin.

I do have the other one, the tempered bastard sword, and it is also very nice. However, it doesn't go up to R/R in THE mode and it is not well constructed. I do believe it is lighter though.

We don't have many forged weapons in plat, so the outcast items all are very nice, though in some respects they are no the equal to OTE weapons.
Re: Any opinions on Outcast engraved bastie? 01/02/2008 11:44 PM CST
I'd buy it.

I hate the plain looking forged weapons.

Instead of owning a katar, a scimitar, and a bastard sword. You could own a silver-edged katar adorned with a clawed handguard, an engraved scimitar hilted in flame-kissed gold and an engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold.

The Outcast Tent has some good looking forged quality blades, wish more merchants sold stuff like that.
Or maybe sell stuff to improve the look of plain weapons (hilts, engravings, handguards, bloodgrooves, edges, etc)
Re: Any opinions on Outcast engraved bastie? 01/04/2008 04:55 PM CST
I bought a few extra of the engraved basties just in case I lose one when I'm hunting. Yeah, I like the look of them better than what standard forged weapons and the construction is impressive.

Now if someone would explain why the barbarian tent was taken down already..

Vagle