Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/09/2007 07:23 PM CDT
Although I am still researching exactly how he did it, Destroyer Mekage is a better forger of the Severe/Severe Bastard Sword, managing to hit fairly sturdy construction at 54 stones. He're how it looks:

A bastard sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A bastard sword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is FAIRLY STURDY, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
You are certain that the bastard sword weighs exactly 54 stones.
You are certain that the bastard sword is worth exactly 10000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

I know the impact isn't there like a lot of folks have complained about, but the construction is definitely better than my "average" strength ones. If I'm not mistaken his blades can be purchased through Trader Suru in Crossing. GREAT WORK, MEKAGE!

-Savage Gash Breaknow
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/09/2007 07:45 PM CDT
I kinda like this one...

An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
great slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

An engraved bastard sword hilted in onyx trimmed with spun gold is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
You are confident that the bastard sword might weigh a few tens of stones. (mama's says 40)
You are confident that the bastard sword is worth exactly 1363625 kronars.

Do bonding potions work on bastard sword? i wanna make sure before i get one.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/09/2007 10:48 PM CDT
This is what I use:

A slate grey sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
great slice damage
fair impact damage

A slate grey sword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
severe slice damage
moderate impact damage

You are certain that the slate grey sword is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The slate grey sword is made with metal.
You think it is likely that the slate grey sword weighs about 45 stones.(50)
You are certain that the slate grey sword is worth exactly 12500 kronars.
R>l swo
Impressed into the metal is the image of a hammer and anvil surrounded by bold letters spelling out the name, "Mendasity".

I have a 36 stone one also, but this one hits much harder. I'd love to be able to do a comparison between these swords.
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/10/2007 10:27 AM CDT
>Do bonding potions work on bastard sword? i wanna make sure before i get one.

>Yamcer

They do, and coincidentally I'm selling one. <.<

-Kryeus Kyshi'cio
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/10/2007 10:38 AM CDT
<<They do, and coincidentally I'm selling one.>>

well i have like 8000 LTB points to spend so i'll most likely get one from there. but thanks for the offer (unless the potions are different)

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/10/2007 12:47 PM CDT
Damn fine bastard sword, Yamcer.
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 08/15/2007 12:57 PM CDT
Nice work Mekage, and well worth the price.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.thedragonsegg.net

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan"
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 09/05/2007 08:30 AM CDT
Always swing the heaviest blade you can get away with. You'll notice the damage even if it doesn't show in the appraisal. Its the numbers behind the stats. Trust me.

~Player behind Korutu
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 09/05/2007 04:15 PM CDT
How can you tell what the heaviest you can swing at min RT is? Anyone have an easy to use formula or site?

Player of too many

You would argue with a wall if it had "No, You Are!" written on it. Let it go. - Quote by Carolint
Re: Mekage's 54 stone bastard sword 09/05/2007 04:30 PM CDT
http://dr.six-something.org/rt_calc.php

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, skill & stat training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
Reckus 3 is out! Works for all guilds! 7/19/2007