For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/18/2007 05:44 PM CDT
I assisted in-game and was told to bring it to your attention here.

I am a dwarf, so i do get the good stats. I can't get a certain appraisal yet myself though. I do however get this message...

>appr ax
The axe appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.

Now, the axe is suppose to be none/heavy/moderate/reasonably/reasonably, but i don't think the stats are correctly calculated for RT. Here's why..

You tap a reinforced Dwarven hammer with a corded rawhide grip that you are holding.
none/none/heavy/fairly/reasonably, 50 stones. I have a 3/4 RT with this weapon.

Tunneler's axe is 46 stones, R/R, and i have a 6/6 RT with it.

Is this strange to someone other than myself?
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/18/2007 06:23 PM CDT
Depending on your exact stats, and where both weapons actually lie in thier balance and strength, its very possible to see what you are seeing on RTs.

Samsaren
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/18/2007 06:27 PM CDT
You are certain that the tunneler's axe is a lot more balanced than the Dwarven hammer.
You are certain that the tunneler's axe is about as suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength as the Dwarven hammer.
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/18/2007 07:06 PM CDT
I have noticed this as well. The axe has seemed to calculate agility poorly, because when I raised agility to the low-end reasonable and strength to the low-end reasonable level, I was not getting a RT decrease, but when I trained strength a bit higher, I did.

-Durnil
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/19/2007 12:53 AM CDT
I've noticed this as well. I feel like the tunneler's axe needs a tweak here.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.thedragonsegg.net

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan"
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/19/2007 05:25 AM CDT
Yes PLEASE, make it even better for us poor weak dwarves. Could be it is calculating RT based on the non dwarven stats, which are MUCH lower for balance and suited.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/19/2007 05:41 AM CDT
I'll look into it when I get a chance, but out curiosity in the mean time....what attacks are you guys using as the basis for your RT decisions?

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/19/2007 11:12 AM CDT
Hm. Just the ATTACK sequence, so...draw, chop, slice, sweep. If you need me to post more specifics, lemme know and i'll be glad to help. Can find me in game also if you need, any time.

-Grimsilt
Re: For the GMs - Problem with Dwarven tunneler's axe 07/19/2007 11:13 AM CDT
>>Yes PLEASE, make it even better for us poor weak dwarves. Could be it is calculating RT based on the non dwarven stats, which are MUCH lower for balance and suited.<<

Its funny, because it seems from how the thing hits (INSANELY well) that its using combat calculations off the dwarven stats, but the RT doesn't seem to match up.