Prev_page Previous 1
Combo 08/02/2005 10:16 PM CDT
Anyone have a good combo for the Glaive? I'm goin for best possible for both balance and damage... thanks in advance.

Stone Warrior Deagar,
Order of the Dragon Shield Council Leader
Re: Combo 08/03/2005 12:28 AM CDT
I've always used Draw Slice Thrust Sweep Chop. If there is a better one out there I'd love to hear it though

Kleis
Re: Combo 08/03/2005 02:47 PM CDT
I use thrust/sweep/bash/draw/slice/parry. Works real well for me.

Armsman Maulem~

"The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead." ~Commander Ternith Sjomah
Re: Combo 08/03/2005 03:35 PM CDT
I've used both well with my halberd and lochaber axe.

This is how I set them up though.. oh and I frequently will pummel at the end if the creature's still alive that is.

Dodge,draw,slice,thrust,sweep,chop.
Parry,Thrust,Sweep,Chop,Draw,Slice.

Jim

"Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man's last romance. " Oscar Wilde

Re: Combo 08/03/2005 09:27 PM CDT
Start with a feint. Starting with a feint I routinely hit incredibly balanced on the second or at most third move using a lochaber axe at minimum roundtimes.

dodge/feint/draw/slice/thrust/sweep/chop

I am --- Navak

Valcer exclaims, "OMG I HAVE 40 AGILITY AND A GORBESH NEEDLE OF DOOM +12, WHY AM I GETTING 5 SECOND RT'S ON THIS CARDIGAN?!?"
Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 10:42 AM CDT
Can I get a few combos for a Halberd? I use the swapable (halberd/Quarterstaff) 60 stone one.

The current combo I use is Feint/Draw/Thrust/Sweep/Chop/Jab.

That works fine for me in terms of balance and decent damage. I just want to try out some different ones to see if there are better ones for damage output.

Tnx in advance
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 11:06 AM CDT
attack
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 11:21 AM CDT
I don't have the link, but somewhere on Hanryu's site is a master balance spreadsheet that'll give you all the info you need to formulate some good combos. Perhaps someone else can post the link, as it's very useful.
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:00 PM CDT
>>attack

I'd rather die than use that... the game can be boring and grinding without one word attack sequences for all weapons.
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:02 PM CDT
>>I'd rather die than use that... the game can be boring and grinding without one word attack sequences for all weapons.

hahaha haven't been playing for more than a few years have you?

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:03 PM CDT
>>hahaha haven't been playing for more than a few years have you?

Since 2000 on and off.
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:08 PM CDT
>>Since 2000 on and off.

Isn't that before they made the combat changes when the best way to maintain incredible balance was 2 commands?

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:18 PM CDT
>>Isn't that before they made the combat changes when the best way to maintain incredible balance was 2 commands?

Yes. I was one of the ones that were very happy when that came about. Training 12+ different weapons with 2 to 3 commands was about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:22 PM CDT
parry/jab parry/jab draw slice slice slice
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:32 PM CDT
>>I'd rather die than use that... the game can be boring and grinding without one word attack sequences for all weapons.

I love it. I have nothing against learning new things. I just think typing in different commands to do the same thing as one command is ridiculous.

Maybe if they made the other combat commands more like combat manuevers in GS4. That would be kinda awesome. With the CMAN stuff.

Then I can justify to myself using something other than 'att'
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 12:49 PM CDT
>>Feint/Draw/Thrust/Sweep/Chop/Jab<<

What kind of weapon do you have that you're using thrust?

I use dodge/feint/draw/slice/sweep/chop
rinse/repeat

- Terra
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 03:08 PM CDT
>Perhaps someone else can post the link, as it's very useful.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Halberd Combos 05/20/2009 04:42 PM CDT
>Perhaps someone else can post the link, as it's very useful.

<brag>
It took a lot of effort.
</brag>

Hey, I want to be known for something more than being loud.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Halberd Combos 05/21/2009 07:10 AM CDT
draw
slice
sweep
chop

Balance positive, no feint or dodge, all damage. This works best for slice heavy halberds.

It's amazing i might add.

buy a slender khuj.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
Re: Halberd Combos 05/27/2009 05:48 PM CDT
Tried this combo out - draw/slice/sweep/chop with my usual halberd weapon - the khuj. None of those moves are really large positive balance moves but they do a good job keeping the damage going out and slowly improving balance.

Overall it is at least as good as the prior combo I was using which had a dodge and feint in the combo. Only problem is the lack of a big balance booster - which is nice to have since I love to use whirlwind.

I will try sticking to this combo for the next fifty ranks to give a real thorough test. Currently at 449 in halberds and am still trying to make halberds my prime weapon.

Vagle
Re: Halberd Combos 05/27/2009 10:44 PM CDT
Vagel,

I use thrust, sweep, chop, draw, slice with a Theren halberd. Usually go from solid to incredible balance in one interation and stay there. With 160 something in halberd, I can destroy small peccs and maul trolls, but can't quite hit fendryads consistantly yet and can't get through mace troll shields very often.

Meigs
Re: Halberd Combos 05/28/2009 01:26 AM CDT
draw/slice/sweep/chop

It is all balance positive except going from slice to sweep is -1 balance.

The problem is thrust is the only balance positive move from slice. But since Khujs have terrible puncture, ya really need to skip this step. Meigs combo is definitely a great combo if ya can get a good thrusting halb.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
New Halberd Slice Combo 12/11/2009 01:37 AM CST
So, I'm just stoked about something I just discovered; I had to come share it with everyone...

I'm a slice halberd user, khuj, scythes, lochaber axes. The standard combo(for most people) is draw/slice/sweep/chop. sweep is -1 balance(non positive) AND gives a defensive hit. I hate it.

So I've been using this combo for 7 months now. And tonight I got pissed off at it(I've gotten hit like 1000 times tonight), and thought... "I'll try a brawling move instead of sweep." Lo and behold! A new balance positive combo without a defensive penalty.

draw / slice / punch (+1 from slice) / chop. (-1 or neutral from punch)

I love it. Seriously give it a shot.

p.s.
I don't like feint sweep. Full RT, does no damage, and seems to give bad positional advantage.

Gonif,

Are you suggesting that a spell be written specifically to allow necromancers to move into an area protected by holy magic for the purpose of constructing a vulture heart candy trail for Khurek to follow?

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/24/2009 07:45 PM CST
I cannot tell you how much I love this combo. I started using it, and suddenly my khuj is annihilating leucros. Thanks so much.
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/24/2009 08:10 PM CST
>> I cannot tell you how much I love this combo. I started using it, and suddenly my khuj is annihilating leucros. Thanks so much.

Your welcome :).

Gonif,

Are you suggesting that a spell be written specifically to allow necromancers to move into an area protected by holy magic for the purpose of constructing a vulture heart candy trail for Khurek to follow?

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/26/2009 04:36 PM CST
>Your welcome :).

You're welcome :P
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 01:04 AM CST
>Your welcome :).

>>You're welcome :P

Oops. I try and be so careful and its NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Gonif,

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 01:31 AM CST
>Oops. I try and be so careful and its NEVER ENOUGH!!!

The trick is to always post while sober. Or just stop trying.
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 06:25 AM CST
>The trick is to always post while sober. Or just stop trying.

The trick is to always post while sober, or just stop trying.

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 06:26 AM CST
never post sober

ever

ever

Rev. Reene

Fenyr says to you, "You. Have. Issues."
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 08:04 AM CST
>>never post sober

ever

ever

Damn Reene, you must be drunk 24/7.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 08:48 AM CST
>Damn Reene, you must be drunk 24/7.

Seen a beer hat?

She's got a handle-hat.
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/27/2009 11:17 AM CST
>The trick is to always post while sober, or just stop trying.

Point Ashbomb.
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/31/2009 01:31 PM CST
I also give this new combo a thumbs up. Able to maintain incredible balance in super celps now. Stuff still dies nice and fast - and I'm able to train some brawling as well too.

Vagle
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/31/2009 01:51 PM CST
PAY ATTN PEOPLE! I POSTED SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!

Glad you like it. :)

Gonif,

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/31/2009 04:20 PM CST
<<PAY ATTN PEOPLE! I POSTED SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!

That you got from Coper?
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 12/31/2009 04:49 PM CST
>> That you got from Coper?

Nice troll. I've not seen anyone produce ANYTHING similar to this combo. If someone was using it, they haven't share it with any fan sites/forums/and or common knowledge. Go jump off a bridge.

Gonif,

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 01/01/2010 12:32 PM CST
Yeah, sorry about that. I misread a post. I apologize.

You just rub me the wrong way 99 and 44/100% of the time. I overreacted.

I do like the combo, it works great, by the way.

Thanks,
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 01/02/2010 02:40 PM CST
No problem, it happens. I'm glad you are enjoying the combo.

Gonif,

-Totenus
Re: New Halberd Slice Combo 01/06/2010 10:49 AM CST
I'm not sure why there's so much excitement over this particular combo, to be honest. Using the combat equipment compendium you can make your own custom combos depending on how much you want to favor offense vs defense. I'm constantly tweaking my combos from defensive to offensive as I progress through the teaching range of each creature.

It will cost you 444 TDPs to raise your Strength from 99 to 100.
Prev_page Previous 1