Dis-empowerment 08/24/2009 11:49 PM CDT
Yes, I'm here to disempower you all. Or at least your ammunition.

It has come to our attention that the empowerment enchantment has been causing further and further issues with ammunition and to some degree thrown weapons. For this reason some time ago they were removed from the list of possible enchantable items. Among the systems impacted have been lodging and it also appears that the enchantment goes a good way towards interfering with arrow rebundling.

As such, we've now taken the further step of putting in place mechanics to remove the enchantment when the items are being used.

Thrown weapons will have the empowerment enchantment stripped when the weapon is thrown.

Ammunition will have it stripped when the ammunition is loaded into a proper ranged weapon.

This latter step will not be an instant cure for all ammunition on a person, so for those that wish to rapidly resolve this, we have also added this fix to the Repair shop mechanics. Now, if you TAP the items in question while within any repair shop, it will strip the enchantment from them, restoring them to how they should be again.

As you should be able to deduce, this correction is not optional, if you use empowered arrows or bolts, they will be cleaned up so that they function as intended again.

If there are any questions please let me know. If you feel this has improperly affected special ammunition or thrown weapons, please ASSIST and a GM will gather the information and forward it along to me for investigation.

GM Oolan Jeel

"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice."
- Richard Moore