Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/14/2020 02:14 PM CDT
I am questioning as to why the Offhand skill is not part of the Melee Mastery and Missile Mastery skills. Both right hand and left hand blades require you to be at melee. And if you choose to use a throwing item, then the Offhand skill should recognize that and add to the Missile Mastery. It seems counter-intuitive and counterproductive to not have Offhand and those Mastery skill sets interact.

R/
Belzor Mejune
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/14/2020 02:19 PM CDT
Can you clarify?

>throw left
< Moving with the precision of a mongoose, you throw a steel throwing hammer at a blue-dappled prereni. A blue-dappled prereni fails to dodge, stepping partly into the blow.
The hammer lands a solid hit to the prereni's abdomen.
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
[You're adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R> Learned: Heavy Thrown(+1), Missile Mastery(+1), Offhand Weapon(+1)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/15/2020 02:51 AM CDT
I have been bashing away using a throwing mallet in my left hand. I have been using the proper syntax and attacking with it. I have 247 in offhand and I have 422 in Melee Mastery. I continue to swing, hit, and kill using the offhand, and yet, melee mastery did not even move. I know I am in the right area for my level, there is no question about it. I have made over 30 kills doing this with the offhand and my melee mastery was deader than a door nail.

R/
Belzor
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/15/2020 06:03 AM CDT
>I know I am in the right area for my level, there is no question about it.

Given I just showed you that you do learn weapon + offhand + mastery (it's the same for melee btw) if you're hunting the right mob for your skills, I don't think your statement is correct. What are you hunting? What is the skill of the weapon you're using?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/15/2020 12:02 PM CDT
Hunting in Rossmans (Orc Bandits and Warcats): SE - 335, Offhand - 247, Melee - 423.
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/15/2020 01:30 PM CDT
Your skill above the cap for that mob. Time to move up, or use a different weapon to train offhand if you want to learn mastery skills.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/17/2020 02:43 PM CDT
Gaining mastery skills is tied to learning with the weapon you are using. Offhand skill is not.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Offhand and Melee Mastery 03/18/2020 12:35 PM CDT
Thank you for clarifying that for me. I greatly appreciate the help. I have made an adjustment on my end.

Thank you again for the help!

Belzor Mejune