Basic Question 11/20/2016 07:14 PM CST
I was going to title this an 'offhand question' but even I couldn't take the pun.

I'm trying to understand what weapons are allowable offhand weapons for a weapons tert (Moon mage). I had thought that only light edge templates were acceptable based on what I read on e-pedia: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Offhand_Weapon_skill. In testing, however, I find that my character is capable of attacking with a rapier offhand, which is a medium edge template. I'm assuming that what this was changed during the 3.0 conversion and now any weapon controlled by the small edge skill is an acceptable offhand for weapon terts?

I just want to confirm this before investing in another higher-end medium edge weapon.
Re: Basic Question 11/20/2016 08:04 PM CST
That doesn't sound right, but I'm seeing the same behaviour.
Re: Basic Question 11/20/2016 11:10 PM CST
>I just want to confirm this before investing in another higher-end medium edge weapon.

Just had my Moon mage friend test.

ATTACK LEFT works with both SE and ME, but not HE.

MANEUVER DOUBLESTRIKE works with any two one-handed weapons, including HB and HE.

It's probably not working as intended. I'd go ahead and buy a high steel ME but I wouldn't drop 1k plats on a kertig or halarun weapon unless you're interested in back-training small edged by itself.