Training in my (o)ff (h)and. 04/01/2015 03:09 PM CDT
I'm having some issues with training the skill of the weapon in my off hand (lower case). I'm dealing with very small numbers, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

With 34 Small Blunt (in off hand) and 30 Large Blunt (in main hand) I can't seem to get SB over 7/34, but I can get LB upwards of 20/34 without trouble and can mind lock it after enough time. Meanwhile, I can lock the Offhand skill easily. Does this seem correct to people with more experience in DR3?

I
Re: Training in my (o)ff (h)and. 04/01/2015 03:15 PM CDT
When using a weapon in your off-hand it splits the exp gain between the off-hand skill and the weapon skill you are using, with the majority of it going to off-hand. The split is something like 70/30, so while it is possible to lock the weapon skill using it in off-hand, it takes much longer since you are getting less exp per attack.

The best thing to do is lock off-hand skill then just swap the weapon and finish locking the weapon skill in your main hand. Off-hand has a few uses in the game, but in day-to-day training most people just lock the skill with a single weapon and move on to other skills.
Re: Training in my (o)ff (h)and. 04/01/2015 03:22 PM CDT
>The best thing to do is lock off-hand skill then just swap the weapon and finish locking the weapon skill in your main hand. Off-hand has a few uses in the game, but in day-to-day training most people just lock the skill with a single weapon and move on to other skills.

This pretty much sums it up nicely.

>
Your time for being forced PvP OPEN has ended. You have been set back to DON'T MUCK WITH ME UNLESS YOU TELL ME FIRST! and will not be able to change it for 24 hours.