Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 01:35 PM CDT
I'm in intercessors working offhand and not having a good time of it. The highest I've gotten it is 4/34. I'm currently using throwing blades in my offhand. Anyone have any suggestions? This is with ~1030 offhand.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 01:46 PM CDT
>> The highest I've gotten it is 4/34. I'm currently using throwing blades in my offhand. Anyone have any suggestions? This is with ~1030 offhand.

How much LT do you have/how far does it move?

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 01:55 PM CDT
940s LT, it gets to around the same level.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 04:27 PM CDT
My guess is you are getting close to the cap for offhand. I remember awhile back that Gavyn (or maybe another barb) was complaining that it had slowed to a crawl somewhere in the 900s in elder dillos.

Why it caps so much lower than other weapons is beyond me.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 05:02 PM CDT
>Why it caps so much lower than other weapons is beyond me.

Something related to the exp split between offhand and weaponry?
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 05:08 PM CDT
Pretty sure the it was LT.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 05:38 PM CDT
>> I'm in intercessors working offhand and not having a good time of it. The highest I've gotten it is 4/34. I'm currently using throwing blades in my offhand. Anyone have any suggestions? This is with ~1030 offhand.

Dual-whirlwind: the premier choice for Offhand training.

Don't believe the malarky about it being untrainable - it's all false.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 09:22 PM CDT
>>Dual-whirlwind: the premier choice for Offhand training.

Repeated for emphasis. I can't speak to difficulty of training at 1000 ranks, but dual-whirl is a ridiculously good training tool for offhand.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 09:32 PM CDT
>>dual-whirl is a ridiculously good training tool

FTFY (at least given past posts)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 10:37 PM CDT
>>dual-whirl is a ridiculously good training tool

>>FTFY (at least given past posts)

What did you fix exactly? Unless you meant that dual-whirl is just an awesome training tool in general and not just for offhand, in which case I would very much agree.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/20/2012 10:45 PM CDT
>> dual-whirl is just an awesome training tool in general and not just for offhand, in which case I would very much agree.

The dude abides.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/21/2012 06:28 PM CDT
Whirl works just as well as LT does, aka not at all.
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/21/2012 06:36 PM CDT
>>Whirl works just as well as LT does, aka not at all.

LOL

Squanto: think they'll make it so we can swim to the islands?
Codiax: probably not but who knows
Squanto: maybe moonwalk faster on the iceroad with enough reflex, athletics & xibar up?
Codiax: lol yeah totally. have to sing ice ice baby to make it work
Re: Offhand training difficulties 07/21/2012 11:12 PM CDT
>> Whirl works just as well as LT does, aka not at all.

Well, I'm about 90 ranks below your Offhand, and it stays locked pretty much the entire hunt(even in Juvies).

In fact, it locks before I'm done with LE/ME(ME 1065, LE 1046).

So I'm not sure what to tell you here, except that you're doing something wrong. You can IM me if you have questions about it.

Offhand seems to be my easiest-training skill, and I don't see that changing in the near future.