Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:00 PM CDT
Noticed if I am Training HT throwing from Left it seems to learn MUCH slower (HT that is, Offhand moves quick) then if I just throw it normal. Anyone able to clarify?

Thanks

>>That being said... If you are going to damn yourself, you may as well do it all the way. -GM Abasha
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:06 PM CDT
When off-hand was first released, the GMs did some tweaking with the learning rates of off-hand versus weapon rate. I have a few little chars that I actively train off-hand with, and the off-hand tends to move a lot faster than the weapon- unless I switch the weapon to my regular hand now and then.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:06 PM CDT
>Noticed if I am Training HT throwing from Left it seems to learn MUCH slower (HT that is, Offhand moves quick) then if I just throw it normal. Anyone able to clarify?

IIRC, offhand weapon experience is split 70:30 to Offhand:Weapon. So in this case you are earning 30% of the bits a main hand HT attack would yield.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:18 PM CDT
So is it safe to assume that once offhand pulls ahead a bit, the HT will start training up faster?

>>That being said... If you are going to damn yourself, you may as well do it all the way. -GM Abasha
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:31 PM CDT
Weapon learning while offhand attacking will always be slower then mainhand learning because the experience you are earning is being spit. My current method is to offhand attack until offhand is into the high mind states or locked, then switch back to main hand attacking for weapon skill.

Say a main hand attack nets you 100 bits of experience, which goes into your weapon skill. An offhand attack with that weapon that nets you 100 bits of experience is split, 70 in offhand and 30 into your weapon skill.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:51 PM CDT
>My current method is to offhand attack until offhand is into the high mind states or locked, then switch back to main hand attacking for weapon skill.

This works extremely well.

-pete
Re: Throw Learning Rate with offhand 03/16/2010 12:51 PM CDT
Very quickly solved the issue via moving to a blade/offhand combo. I'll switch it back once they are a bit higher.

Thanks