Best way to train offhand? 12/17/2009 12:58 AM CST
For me, this skill fills up so slowly. What's the optimal way to fill up the pool for this one?
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/17/2009 01:21 AM CST
>For me, this skill fills up so slowly. What's the optimal way to fill up the pool for this one?

Kill a bit more than normal? Using a weapon offhanded with the EXACT same ranks in both skills, I lock offhand when the weapon skill is hitting about 10-11/34. It's slower than just locking the weapon because you're splitting the same number of bits between two skills roughly 70/30, but you shouldn't need any help or tricks if you're hunting at level, so that would be the first thing I suggest looking at.

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/17/2009 02:13 AM CST
<<For me, this skill fills up so slowly. What's the optimal way to fill up the pool for this one?

I use throwing blades offhand. The multiple hits every 1 or 2 seconds makes a big splash. It normally takes about 5 to 6 minutes to lock both offhand and LT using them in a swarmy area, first by locking offhand and then finishing off LT from the main hand. It takes longer in a non-swarmy area since I tend to run out of critters.

Possible relevancies: My LT and Offhand ranks are the same or one apart depending on what percentages they're at. Throwing blades kill 'at rank' things fast enough that even in swarmy areas I often have to hold back if I don't want to be standing in an empty room. For comparison, my LE and ME are about 5 ranks less than LT and Offhand, and they are very noticably slower at killing and exp.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/17/2009 04:27 AM CST
I work offhand and HT (trowing hammer so no lodging) together first locking HT then offhand. I use super celpeze for HT and then go to the small ones for offhand. This still moves HT, so I keep it locked as I work offhand.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/18/2009 10:13 AM CST
It's going to be slow because the experience awards are 70% offhand, 30% weapon used.
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/20/2009 02:32 AM CST
In case your getting caught up in all the other facts here Novio, the basic thing is - hunt at the level of your Offhand skill.
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/20/2009 02:51 AM CST
Well, that's the thing.. I'm trying to keep Offhand at level with my primary weapons. But it fills so much slower than they do.
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/20/2009 02:52 AM CST
Really it should only fill 30% slower.

Just fill it before you fill your primary weapon (Assuming you can offhand your primary weapon).

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Best way to train offhand? 12/20/2009 01:21 PM CST
>>Just fill it before you fill your primary weapon (Assuming you can offhand your primary weapon).

This.

And just remember, say your using LE in your offhand and LE is your main weapon, as soon as you get and maintain both at 2/34 they should be learning at the same rate (or close depending on their ranks). So once you lock offhand 34/34, even if your LE was only 4/35 the whole time, you still were learning LE at the max rate.

Then just switch to the other hand.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html