Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 08:00 AM CDT
I think throwing blades are only looking at Light Thrown ranks in order to determine how many blades you can throw in your off hand.

I only have 430 ranks in Offhand Weapon skill and I never throw below 5 blades with my off hand now. I also have over 450 ranks in Light Thrown which is the point at which my guild always throws 5 blades which leads me to believe it is only looking at my Light Thrown ranks.

__
~Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Scene.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 09:13 AM CDT
Thanks for the heads-up, Leilond! I've a couple of chars I've been working LT and Offhand with.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 12:23 PM CDT
How much LT do you have? It could be that the weighted average of the two skills is over 450.
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 12:34 PM CDT
Since these are newbie-ish chars, we're looking at under 10 ranks each. One uses a foraged rock (can't get any cheaper than that!) and another uses a throwing knife from Knife Clan. The second one is probably going to eventually get some throwing blades from the Survival shop.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 01:20 PM CDT
>Since these are newbie-ish chars, we're looking at under 10 ranks each. One uses a foraged rock (can't get any cheaper than that!) and another uses a throwing knife from Knife Clan. The second one is probably going to eventually get some throwing blades from the Survival shop.

I was asking the original poster.

But speaking of foraged rocks... any chance we could get bolas sold somewhere near xing? (I realize the barb shop might have some, but that doesn't really help in TF.)
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 01:22 PM CDT
Oops! Sorry....

Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 01:24 PM CDT
Not to put a damper on your request Cop but remind me when I get home and i'll have Ach run down and see if there are any in the barb shop

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/28/2009 06:20 PM CDT
There are bolas at Rossmans, which is a 2 minute run away... except for Eagles who would drown in the kiddie pool.

GENT
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/29/2009 10:10 PM CDT
Never seen a bola in the barb shop...but then again, its not unlike me to miss things.

-Croegar

"If somebody is alert enough to start popping AEs because they think you're there, you've failed at a critical aspect of stealth..."

-Z
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/29/2009 10:27 PM CDT
I'll want to take another look- But I'm pretty sure I saw a bola in Leth.

Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/29/2009 11:40 PM CDT
I have one in my vault if you like but I must say its kind of a waste. It does not hit very well, tires you out. I suggest a Mallet or a buckler, yes i said it a tanned buckler. Its non lodging and hits like a ton of bricks.
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/29/2009 11:48 PM CDT
>>But speaking of foraged rocks... any chance we could get bolas sold somewhere near xing? (I realize the barb shop might have some, but that doesn't really help in TF.)<<

There's a boko in Leth, which is 35 stones instead of the 30 stones of a bola.
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/30/2009 12:05 AM CDT
<<yes i said it a tanned buckler. Its non lodging and hits like a ton of bricks.>>

all improvised thrown objects hit the same. mod impact, i believe for heavy thrown, not sure what light thrown stuff is at.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 04/30/2009 10:48 PM CDT
>all improvised thrown objects hit the same.

Because of the stats for shield bashing, I don't believe it's considered an improvised weapon.

Also, I don't think that's entirely true. I think it's based on weight.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 05/04/2009 06:36 PM CDT
>But speaking of foraged rocks... any chance we could get bolas sold somewhere near xing? (I realize the barb shop might have some, but that doesn't really help in TF.)

If you create a new character, you can give its starting weapon to the grizzled veteran wandering around crossing in exchange for a weapon of another type. One of the weapons he offers is LB/LT, a throwing club. Not quite as convenient as a shop weapon, I'll admit, but it's a thing some of us could wrangle.
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 05/04/2009 08:46 PM CDT
>the grizzled veteran wandering around crossing in exchange for a weapon of another type.

Holy crap, I wish I'd known that when I made all my young characters! That's really good to know.

Elemancer Opieus, Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I blame Bubba:
http://the-emu.mybrute.com
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 05/04/2009 10:43 PM CDT
>Holy crap, I wish I'd known that when I made all my young characters!

This was a pretty recent addition.
Re: Throwing Blades in Off Hand 05/04/2009 10:56 PM CDT
>This was a pretty recent addition.

Aside from my main, most of my characters are fairly recent... As in last year or so.

Elemancer Opieus, Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I blame Bubba:
http://the-emu.mybrute.com