Just out of curiosity... 01/01/2009 01:30 AM CST
Just out of curiosity, are there any features besides the barbarian two-weapon whirlwind and the obvious ability to attack left released yet?

Also, does anyone else have a character with Offhand Weapon as their primary? Mine's tied with Heavy Edged, dual basties FTW.

XXXXX: Wait... you wear heavy plate, use a shield, and don't steal? Why not just roll a Paladin?
Me: Because I don't think my sudden urges to flip out and kill stuff fit the Paladin mentality very well.
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/01/2009 05:21 PM CST
"...are there any features besides the barbarian two-weapon whirlwind and the obvious ability to attack left released yet?"

None that I know of.

"Also, does anyone else have a character with Offhand Weapon as their primary? Mine's tied with Heavy Edged, dual basties FTW."

Offhand Weapon: 393 95% muddled

Not my primary, but close enough. I plan to dual wield katars or maybe some other form of light blade weapon(s).

I also have the dream of throwing 5 throwing blades in each hand at once.

__
~Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v3.xls
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/01/2009 05:47 PM CST
I've got two basties :D

I like that throwing blade idea, though... I've given up on LT for the moment after the recent loss of many plats worth of LT blades from a two minute disconnect, but I'll pick it up when I start backtraining HX. Those skills just go so well together...

XXXXX: Wait... you wear heavy plate, use a shield, and don't steal? Why not just roll a Paladin?
Me: Because I don't think my sudden urges to flip out and kill stuff fit the Paladin mentality very well.
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/02/2009 04:10 PM CST
>>does anyone else have a character with Offhand Weapon as their primary?

Yeah, Denstimar's OW is tied as primary weapon with his LE.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/02/2009 06:02 PM CST
/hifive

I just hope it pays off in more ways than just the dual wield whirlwind.

Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/04/2009 11:57 PM CST
>I just hope it pays off in more ways than just the dual wield whirlwind.

as do i, cuz im not a barbarian. im a ranger. so i hope that at least all weapon secondary/primary get some new ability with it. though my offhand skill isnt even half of my main weapon right now, i am still training it up.

~Artilius
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 08:05 AM CST
I wish you could dual backstab as a thief.

::sighs contentedly at the thought::

Leuc
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 08:35 AM CST
>I wish you could dual backstab as a thief.

Can you backstab left?

Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 02:22 PM CST
>>I wish you could dual backstab as a thief.

>Can you backstab left?

Yes.
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 02:30 PM CST
>>>I wish you could dual backstab as a thief.

>>Can you backstab left?

>Yes.

That seems powerful enough. Snipe/backstab left.

Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 08:18 PM CST
Don't think you can snipe left since non-thrown ranged weapons are right hand only.

But yeah, you have backstab, and now backstab left too. Enough OP for one ability.

Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/05/2009 09:03 PM CST
I think he meant snipe and then backstab left. Works with LX at least.
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/06/2009 07:54 AM CST
>I think he meant snipe and then backstab left. Works with LX at least.

Yes.

Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/06/2009 08:25 PM CST
It is a potent combination, LX snipe and offhand backstab. I am backtraining LX for this reason. I am thinking that with my repeater, an arm worn shield and left handed backstab, that's about as nasty a combination as I can get...

A rapid series of clicks emanate from your repeating crossbow as small gears and gravity guide an ironwood quadrello into firing position.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>

>hi
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR>

HR>snipe
You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.
< Moving well, you snipe an ironwood quadrello at a pouting snow goblin. A pouting snow goblin fails to dodge. The quadrello lands a hard hit to the goblin's left arm.

The ironwood quadrello lodges itself shallowly into the snow goblin!
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
HR>

H>bac left
H>
You slip out of concealment and backstab a pouting snow goblin!
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you thrust a T'Kashi mirror shiv at a pouting snow goblin. A pouting snow goblin fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The shiv lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that skewers a perfect hole between the shoulder blades (Heart Burn!).
A pouting snow goblin stares at you stupidly for a moment, before its eyes roll backwards into its head. The creature's skin turns frosty blue, taking on an icy appearance, as it falls to the ground with a thud.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

Synyster Shadowmaiden
Re: Just out of curiosity... 01/08/2009 06:56 PM CST
Any LX with offhand is a beast.

I'm using LX with LT off hand right now.

But snap shoots seem a bit silly to me. Because it takes RT to load and aim, whereas you could be using that RT to hide/back stab again.

I aim, then throw offhand til full aim, then fire.

That way there is no wasted RT, and you are using the weapon to its fullest advantage.

I could see--- Aim/backstab left/hide/backstab left

hide, Full targetd, fire

Death :)

-Erades