offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 05:02 PM CDT
was there some tweak made since last night to off handed brawling? typically i only train the offhand skill with brawling, by ELBOW(ing) left, JAB(ing) left, then PUNCH(ing) left. i have been doing this in sand sprites for a few days now and have never had a problem locking it. now i cant even get the skill above clear by doing this. i know i havent capped them out yet, here are my skills:

Offhand Weapon: 49 77.11% clear
Brawling: 87 49.27% bewildering

now i can still work off hand if i have a weapon in my left hand, just not by brawling. what gives??

~Artilius
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 06:36 PM CDT
Brawling without a left weapon was never suppose to teach offhand.

Did you A)

Remove your brawling weapons?

B)

Remove some of your brawling weapons to open boxes and forget to put them back on?

C)

Use only circling and feinting?

>>--Shnurui-->
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 06:54 PM CDT
>Brawling without a left weapon was never suppose to teach offhand.

i have been doin so off and on for weeks. and more extensively for the past 3 days. always lock with ease.

>Did you A)

>Remove your brawling weapons?

never actually had a brawling weapon. just gauntlets/gloves depending on armor im training and both always taught.

>B)

>Remove some of your brawling weapons to open boxes and forget to put them back on?

same answer as above, never used brawling weapons

>C)

>Use only circling and feinting?

only thing i ever do when brawling (normal or off hand) is elbow, jab, punch. rinse and repeat.

~Artilius
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 06:58 PM CDT
>Brawling without a left weapon was never suppose to teach offhand.

>>i have been doin so off and on for weeks. and more extensively for the past 3 days. always lock with ease.

See post by Ssra. Maybe you capped on the sand sprites using only brawling to learn offhand, maybe he found it and fixed it.

IE,

Maybe you know too much brawling to brawl sprites and learn offhand.

>>--Shnurui>
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 07:20 PM CDT
>See post by Ssra. Maybe you capped on the sand sprites using only brawling to learn offhand, maybe he found it and fixed it.

can you direct me to the post please Shnurui?

Ssra could you respond please if this was a bug and you fixed it. its not really a big deal, im just merely curious cause i was learning one day and the next im not. i certainly have no problem actually using a weapon in my offhand to learn it.

>IE,

>Maybe you know too much brawling to brawl sprites and learn offhand.

that could be true. but is there some other factors that go into learning offhand with the weapon you are using IN the offhand(i hope i worded that correctly to make sense). sprites teach to 100 correct? i only have 87 brawling.

~Artilius
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 10:00 PM CDT
This was apparently disabled, so it wasn't anything you were doing.
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 11:40 PM CDT
The ability to learn offhand skill via brawling was a bug. A known bug which was low on my list of priorities but I got it fixed (yet again and hopefully for good) last night and rolled the fix live. I apologize that I was too tired to remember to give you all a warning but it was indeed an intentional change.

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/18/2008 11:47 PM CDT
thank you for the response oolan. i was not aware that it was a bug. using a weapon in my off hand is no problem. was just curious as to what happened, heh.

~Artilius
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/19/2008 01:24 AM CDT
What does "punch left" now teach, 100% brawling?

Dragoonseal
Re: offhand brawling change? 03/19/2008 01:31 AM CDT
>>What does "punch left" now teach, 100% brawling?

Yes.

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.