Stamina! 04/15/2013 01:39 PM CDT
I think stamina requirements are really wonky for heavy weapons. Here's the setup:

135 Stone Haralun Greatsword (yea, its a big weapon)
85 Strength, 70 stamina, 30 discipline

Swing RT's in the 3-5 second range in 3.0 vs. 2-3 in 2.0. Everything got slower in 3.0, OK

But now, two swings bring fatigue below 85%. Recovery, in combat, takes a minute. So what should be one of the most damaging weapons available can only be swung once every 30 seconds? It's absolutely brutal that I need more strength and stamina again, by my calculations I'll need 100 strength 100 stamina to effectively use what WAS previously a usable weapon. Its just not right.

Thoughts?
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 01:51 PM CDT
>But now, two swings bring fatigue below 85%

Which two swings; something like slice, draw, or chop? You could use less fatiguing maneuvers and bob in between them. Maybe a zephyr rune could help too.

Also, if you weapon hasn't been previously enhanced it could be honed to make it lighter.
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 02:36 PM CDT
>Thoughts?

You're using the heaviest weapon it's possible to make and complaining because you need a lot of stamina and strength to use it.

Thoughts: Damn glad people might want to be Togs now.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 03:31 PM CDT
Part of 3.0, aside from slowing things down was to make things that had little bearing on upper ends matter again, like fatigue. Before it was just a gateway that once you passed ~30th or so for most guilds you never looked at again, thats no longer the case. Instead the bigger maneuvers take a chunk of fatigue especially with bigger weapons. Additionally, you now have options, faster less damage less fatiguing moves (some being more accurate too), or hard hitting slower moves, or even fatigue positive things (bob).

If the complexity of the new system seems a tad overwhelming, Attack has also been changed to use situationaly useful moves, like heavier attacks (slice chop) when in good balance/fatigue, or bob when tired, jab feint to gain balance, and while hardly the best option its still a solid option till you get more comfortable.

Samsaren
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 04:02 PM CDT
Guys, I get that things were re-worked and that combat is slower, different moves etc, I'm OK with that. I just think the tail end has become excessive - I'm going to need 30 circles to get the stats to use that weapon again, est 140th. 10 Circles? Even 15? but 30? That quite the catch up.
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 04:18 PM CDT

You haven't answered an important question.

What combat maneuvers are you using? Each uses stamina differently. Try using slice instead of draw/chop.
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 04:28 PM CDT
> That quite the catch up.

Basically. Fatigue calcs used to give up and go home, functionally, after something like 30th circle. Now they scale to 100.

Really, if you can make up the difference before 150 for a weapon that huge, that's not as bad as I might have expected.

Do you use brawling? I find that it works very well to throw some punches (your hands are always free in 3.0) and kicks between swinging my heavier weapons around. Helps maintain balance and position, ticks their initial vitality down to really make swinging a small country at them count.

Plus you look more like Conan.
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 05:02 PM CDT
Pretty sure the problems you are seeing are intentional and intended. They seem spot on from my perspective. If you maxed everything at...ohh 80th circle, there would be nothing to look forward to or strive for.

Madigan

You sense the Clarity spell upon you, which will last for about seven thousand eight hundred thirty-six roisaen.
You sense the Anti-Stun spell upon you, which will last for about seven thousand eight hundred thirty-five roisaen.
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 05:03 PM CDT
You can also use BOB to help regen fatigue.

For my little guys, I also used FEINT until I could build up Strength and Stamina to the point where ATTACK was feasible.

GENT
Re: Stamina! 04/15/2013 10:53 PM CDT
>>Guys, I get that things were re-worked and that combat is slower, different moves etc, I'm OK with that. I just think the tail end has become excessive - I'm going to need 30 circles to get the stats to use that weapon again, est 140th. 10 Circles? Even 15? but 30? That quite the catch up.

You are literally using the heaviest weapon in the entire game. If you can easily swing that sword with only 85 strength and 70 stamina, then what would be the point of those stats past that point?

The balance may still be off a bit, since I don't know how much better you'd fare with 100 strength/stamina (and balance may especially be off if the only real way to use that weapon is with Zephyr). But 100 strength/stamina seems like a pretty reasonable requirement in order to swing the heaviest weapon in the entire game with ease.

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Stamina! 04/16/2013 12:04 AM CDT
You also have terrible discipline which plays a part in fatigue calcs and regeneration.
Re: Stamina! 04/16/2013 09:54 AM CDT
Are you doing those two attacks back to back? I believe if you don't attack with that weapon a second time immediately after the first, you gain back a large percentage of the stamina cost from the attack. That's why throwing in a bob or something between attacks helps a bunch.