Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 08:57 PM CDT
Found this in the vault the other day; I remember asking for it to be made neutral LC/HC. I'm not much of a metal armor wearer, but how do current metals compare?

The chain hauberk is chain armor.

The hauberk looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that a chain hauberk appears to impose moderate maneuvering hindrance and moderate stealth hindrance, offering:
very good protection and very great damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very good protection and very great damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate protection and very great damage absorption for impact attacks.
moderate protection and very high damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and very high damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and very high damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a chain hauberk you could expect your maneuvering to be insignificantly hindered and your stealth to be lightly hindered.

You are certain that the chain hauberk is of average construction, and is practically in mint condition.

The chain hauberk is made with metal.
The chain hauberk is fairly flexible.
You are certain that the chain hauberk weighs exactly 400 stones.
You are certain that the chain hauberk is worth exactly 1623 Dokoras.
>
Riveted to the metal is a small steel plaque depicting a dragon trapped within a sphere of fire.

Thanks in advance!
-KD
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 09:30 PM CDT
T5, maybe T6, but the durability isn't that hot.

As a comparison point, here is some T6 quest end armor: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Armor:Blackened_chain_hauberk
Here is some T5 quest end armor: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Armor:Blackened_chain_gloves

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 10:20 PM CDT
Isn't it:

6/12
6/12
4/12
4/10
4/10
1/10

400 stone, mod (7)/ mod (7)

Thanks for the Tier 5/6 examples. I've noticed a significant difference between wearing the Ruins of Ulf'hara rugged leathers and this hauberk. With the leathers, I get more wounds per hunting trip despite having more light armor ranks. Maybe it is the lower base hindrance and better absorption ratings I am experiencing?
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 10:32 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, do you know Skein of Shadows and if so, what does the stealth hindrance look like when you're wearing that chain?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 11:19 PM CDT
70 mana SKS (my discern cap)

Hauberk:
If you were only wearing a chain hauberk your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be lightly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently fairly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

Rugged leathers (Ruins of Ulf'hara)
If you were only wearing some rugged leathers with gold stitching your maneuvering would be barely hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is minimally hindered.

Other armor:

a rugged leather helm with gold stitching
a rugged leather mask with gold stitching
a stained leather targe painted with a fierce rat
some lumium scale gloves
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/02/2016 11:22 PM CDT

Oops forgot to add-without the other armor pieces, chain hauberk stealth hindrance drops to insignificantly.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 02:33 PM CDT
It's old forged chain.

Comparing it to current day metal forging, there are only a couple metals that are comparable. Icesteel and Damite. Damite will have better physicals and better Electric protection, but will be weaker on Fire/Ice. Icesteel will have better Fire/Ice and maybe equal physicals if reinforced, but getting enough to test that is really going to be difficult. As a side note here I'll say I've heard reinforced Haralun might be equal protection wise but will be worse on hindrance I think.

Otherwise the only armor I've ever seen that's better overall is chain armor from the original runs of Kanton's Dagger, which is extremely rare and no longer available in quests.

Old forged chain is great chain armor. It's high end metal equivalent.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 02:37 PM CDT
Sorry for double post. I guess I should mention Tyrium, but.. I don't know anyone who acquire that much tyrium for armor considering how suitable it is for weapons of all types.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 03:04 PM CDT
>>I don't know anyone who acquire that much tyrium for armor considering how suitable it is for weapons of all types.

As an amusing teaser, there's a Plat player who is on the cusp of finishing a Godzilla armor project and I really can't wait to see the results.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 03:11 PM CDT
Morp or Ham?
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 03:16 PM CDT
>>Morp or Ham?

Themb

Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 05:01 PM CDT
> that much tyrium for armor

You've not met Anjinson then.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 05:16 PM CDT

> that much tyrium for armor

>You've not met Anjinson then.

Everyone is in luck!
So, I have two massive mail hauberks (limited pattern 100 volumes of metal so that is 67 of the main metal)

First one is tyrium:

You feel certain that a massive tyrium mail hauberk appears to impose overwhelming maneuvering hindrance and moderate stealth hindrance, offering:
very high protection and exceptional damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high protection and exceptional damage absorption for slice attacks.
high protection and exceptional damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good protection and very high damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good protection and very high damage absorption for cold attacks.
good protection and very high damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a massive tyrium mail hauberk you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally hindered and your stealth to be fairly hindered.

You are certain that the mail hauberk is practically invulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the mail hauberk weighs exactly 838 stones

Second hauberk is icesteel:

You feel certain that a massive mail hauberk forged of pure icesteel appears to impose great maneuvering hindrance and moderate stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and very great damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and very great damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and very great damage absorption for impact attacks.
high protection and extreme damage absorption for fire attacks.
high protection and extreme damage absorption for cold attacks.
very good protection and great damage absorption for electrical attacks.

You are certain that the mail hauberk is practically invulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the mail hauberk weighs exactly 716 stones.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 05:49 PM CDT
LOL. I stand corrected. Nice armors!
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 06:38 PM CDT
Hah, neat.

The Plat one that will probably be showing up sometime this month is vardite massive full plate.

Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 06:51 PM CDT
>>Teveshszat: The Plat one that will probably be showing up sometime this month is vardite massive full plate.

Please post the appraisal when this is done.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 07:16 PM CDT

>The Plat one that will probably be showing up sometime this month is vardite massive full plate.

Oh, stay tuned for my massive full plate renditions! Would love to see what the vardite looks like.
Re: Forged chain hauberk 11/03/2016 07:51 PM CDT
>>Please post the appraisal when this is done.

I'm probably as excited about it as he is, more for the data end of things.