New forged armors 10/04/2011 07:44 PM CDT
Anyone have the appraisals of HC steel and damite Chain and Mail shirts? Planning on having one of the two patterns made with damite, and trying to decide which.
Re: New forged armors 10/04/2011 08:45 PM CDT
I've done damite mail, it apped the same (excepting elementals, where electrical was much higher and cold/fire a bit lower) as high carbon steel.
It could be a matter of the steels being on the low end of protection and absorb, whereas the damite is on the high end, but it did not roll up to the next appraisal levels like tyrium does.

~Kraggur

DR Armorcrafting 3.0:
http://tinyurl.com/drarmor3

DR Crafting Calc:
http://tinyurl.com/DRCraftCalc
Re: New forged armors 10/04/2011 09:16 PM CDT
I would be surprised if a damite mail shirt capped didn't app like my mask. (Except being HC instead of LC)

The mail mask is light chain.

The mask looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a damite mail mask appears to impose insignificant maneuvering hindrance and insignificant stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and extreme damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and extreme damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and extreme damage absorption for impact attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
good protection and very great damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a damite mail mask your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

You are certain that the mail mask is unusually resilient to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The mail mask is made with metal.
The mail mask is quite supple.
You are certain that the mail mask weighs exactly 40 stones.
You are certain that the mail mask is worth exactly 142150 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds

> squint dragon
You squint at a dragon.
Re: New forged armors 10/04/2011 09:37 PM CDT
That's the appraisal I seem to recall from a friend's damite mail shirt, trying to get ahold of him so I can confirm. Right now damite mail is on top of my list, but I'm really curious to see if the extreme absorbtion will be the same in the chain pattern.
Re: New forged armors 10/05/2011 12:19 AM CDT
From my little experiments, absorbtion is indepentant of pattern, only protection is slightly different. Puncture seems to loose the most going from mail to chain.

< You throw a massive lumium shard at a beisswurm. A beisswurm attempts to evade. The shard lands a harmless blow to the beisswurm's abdomen.
Re: New forged armors 10/06/2011 04:41 PM CDT
Tried out the CHAIN pattern in weighted damite. Need to compare it to a mail shirt to see if the hindrance tradeoff is worth the loss of 'high' puncture protection.

You feel certain that a damite chain shirt appears to impose high maneuvering hindrance and mild stealth hindrance, offering:
good protection and extreme damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very good protection and extreme damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and extreme damage absorption for impact attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and very great damage absorption for electrical attacks.
You are certain that the chain shirt is rather reinforced against damage, and is in pristine condition.

After Reinforcing:

You feel certain that a damite chain shirt appears to impose significant (10/15) maneuvering hindrance and moderate (7/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high (7/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
fair (3/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair (3/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
good (5/15) protection and very great (12/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.
You are certain that the chain shirt is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).
Re: New forged armors 10/06/2011 06:57 PM CDT
Was it LC or HC before the reinforce? And did the reinforce bump it to HC if it started off as LC?

> squint dragon
You squint at a dragon.
Re: New forged armors 10/06/2011 07:13 PM CDT
LC at 348 stone pre. HC at 410 after (that's just from math, I haven't weighed it yet)
Re: New forged armors 10/07/2011 10:51 PM CDT
Link below has some armor appraisals to compare. I'll have to look at the damite apps again, since maybe there's a very tight threshold around "perfectly" weighting the damite to get it to what you had it at. I think I made some damite weighted to about 6.9 and it was basically the same as high carbon steel (at least as far as app range is concerned).

Also, if it's okay, I'd like to add the unreinforced app to the spreadsheet.

~Kraggur

DR Armorcrafting 3.0:
http://tinyurl.com/drarmor3

DR Crafting Calc:
http://tinyurl.com/DRCraftCalc
Re: New forged armors 10/08/2011 04:47 PM CDT
Of course it's ok. Half of why I went with the chain pattern was to experiment. Same reason I did the failed damite sipar. haha.