Chain helm 11/30/2010 07:56 AM CST
There any helm that's light chain and protects the eyes other than the balaclavas down in shard, talking store bought. The visored helm in haven is hc only.
Re: Chain helm 11/30/2010 10:36 AM CST
I seem to remember seeing a few coifs that protect the eyes- but not all of them do, so check before you buy.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Chain helm 11/30/2010 11:13 AM CST
I believe all the storebought eye protecting helms that train chain other than the HC only helm in Haven are neutral. None of the currently possible to forge chain head armors protect eyes. Its been a glaring gap in the chain armor system for a long time, IIRC.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Chain helm 11/30/2010 02:21 PM CST
I'm currently wearing a green balaclava with brown tinted links that form a boulder.

>>app my bala
The green balaclava is light chain.

The balaclava looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

head
neck
right eye
left eye

It's from Griniel's Cottage in Hvaral:
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Warrior_Mage_Guild_Shop

This may be what you're looking for, but I'm not sure if it's neutral chain or light chain as it's appraised.
Re: Chain helm 11/30/2010 02:42 PM CST
All those balaclavas are neutral chain, meaning they won't teach LC if the wearer's HC is higher.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Chain helm 12/01/2010 10:41 AM CST
I've not seen any store bought LC head armor better than the balaclava.

There are a few fest balaclavas that do have slightly better absorption and less hinderance, but weigh a little bit more (10 stones more).
Re: Chain helm 12/01/2010 11:00 AM CST
>There are a few fest balaclavas that do have slightly better absorption and less hinderance, but weigh a little bit more (10 stones more).

I don't think that's accurate. If they weighed more, they wouldn't be neutral chain.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Chain helm 12/01/2010 11:25 AM CST
<<I don't think that's accurate. If they weighed more, they wouldn't be neutral chain.

Interesting. The forging weights also apply to non-forged armor? I guess I don't pay attention to non-forged armor very much.

Madigan
Re: Chain helm 12/01/2010 11:49 AM CST
Yep. The storebought weights of the items are what determine whether the forged piece is heavy chain/plate or light chain/plate.
Re: Chain helm 12/01/2010 12:49 PM CST
>>I don't think that's accurate. If they weighed more, they wouldn't be neutral chain.

You are right. I don't know why I thought Shard balaclavas weighed 90 stones, but they are both 100 stones. Which is even more reason for the OP to go with a festival one.
Re: Chain helm 12/30/2010 07:05 PM CST
Out of curiosity. What does the neutral chain teach if you dont have any skill with either the light or heavy chain?
Re: Chain helm 12/30/2010 07:19 PM CST
>>Out of curiosity. What does the neutral chain teach if you dont have any skill with either the light or heavy chain?

I'm almost certain it defaults to light.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Chain helm 01/01/2011 08:39 PM CST
Fairly certain what NJP said is correct. I think it defaults to LC.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh